ADIDAS Lux v Adizero

Discussion in 'Other Gear Questions & Reviews' started by CG14, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:24 AM.

1. CG14

CG14 FHF Legend

Adidas-Lux-Hockey-Shoes-2017_153_1_1_1.jpg Adidas-Adizero-Hockey-Shoes-2017_153_1_1_1.jpg
    Just hoping to get some opinions from people who have tried both please
    Comfiest?
    Lightest?
    Protection?
    Longevity?
    Speed?
    Turning?

2. BlindGoalie613

BlindGoalie613 FHF All Time Great

If you play on harsh hybrid or sand regularly you might have durability issues with the tread. My Zone Dox tread has died incredibly fast, but while they survived they were very nice shoes.

3. lostp

lostp FHF Starter

Also interested in the answer! Have the Lux this year but tempted by the Adizero as the neoprene sleeve makes the shoe a PITA to put on and take off and overly warm while wearing!

Also, the Lux gave me some arch pain last year when I first wore them and I know it did the same to somebody else at my club too

4. Sven

Sven FHF Regular Player

Came here specifically to ask this question. I've always used super minimal football(soccer) shoes made for artificial turf, typically designated "AT" for shoes with multiple versions for different surfaces. They were fantastic for speed and agility, but offered pretty much no protection whatsoever. I finally ran through my current pair yesterday after two years, and I think I should make the move to a dedicated hockey shoe, at least to give it a try, and these two caught my eye.

Additionally, I know the AdiPower series has been pretty popular. It looks like it has significantly larger tread though. Would that be better for longer/softer surfaces?

5. sammzib

sammzib FHF Star Player

had lux last year and am now using zeros - would have got the Zeros last year had they been a decent price. I prefer the zeros both because of their look and the fact that it has a traditional tongue so doesn't get bent over. i think the Zeros have a little less protection, but feel more flexible because of it and are also allow your feet to 'breath' as it is made with a sort of meshing

Not had this problem with the Lux, trained 2-3 times per week and played 2-4 times per week last season, lasted the whole season, didn't really need replacing, but they weren't gonna last another full season

the Adipower was a great shoe, but Adidas have decided not to continue making them for the 2017/18 season so they're no longer available

6. Sven

Sven FHF Regular Player

Thanks for the info! Can you clarify what you mean by "doesn't get bent over"?

sammzib likes this.
  7. sammzib

sammzib FHF Star Player

I'd post a picture, but every photo I take is too large, basically, where the tongue comes up higher than a normal shoe shinpads push it over, after a while of use the tongue stays that way and the fabric starts to wear through from rubbing against the shinpads too

8. sammzib

sammzib FHF Star Player

on the Lux that is

9. Sven

Sven FHF Regular Player

Makes sense, thanks for explaining! That's a problem I've not run into with the super low cut shoe's I've used the past several years. Part of me wants to just stick with the style I've been using, but I'm sure as soon as I pick a new pair up I'll take a ball to the unprotected toe and regret it :eek:

sammzib likes this.
  10. sammzib

sammzib FHF Star Player

either of the two shoes have great grip, but id say the lux have slightly better protection, so i'd say go and try them on if you can and see what you think

Sven likes this.
  11. Sven

Sven FHF Regular Player

Unfortunately it looks like the only retailer that sells Adidas hockey shoes in the States is on the other side of the country. I may have to just order a few sizes and send back whichever don't fit.

sammzib likes this.
  12. lostp

lostp FHF Starter

Remember if you order from Europe the retailers should be able to take the VAT off for you (20% in the U.K.!)

13. sammzib

sammzib FHF Star Player

that may be expensive to return though if he wants to order a few pairs to try on

14. BlindGoalie613

BlindGoalie613 FHF All Time Great

What kind of surface are you playing on?

15. sammzib

sammzib FHF Star Player

most of the time on sand based