Adidas vs Gryphon

Discussion in 'Which stick? (includes Stick Reviews)' started by Connor G 13, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Connor G 13

Connor G 13 FHF Newbie

Hi All

Im in the market for a new stick , Has anyone gone from a Gryphon BlueSteel to an Adidas LX24 Compo 1 ?

If so how did you find the feel etc of the Adidas vs the Gryphon . Iv used Gryphons most of my playing time and of late have also used the Osaka Pro Tour Limited , which I rather enjoyed as I found it to be a bit softer than the Bluesteel whilst still maintaining the power when hitting .

One thing I did notice is that the rough finish on the face of the hook on the Osaka made dribbling and trapping alot easier . Something I wish Gryphon would try (The textured/rough face on the hook).

Anyhow any thoughts would be appreciated .

2. Waxxxed

Waxxxed FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Tribaal Impi - Beikou 90 Pro
    I've had both, but a few years ago.
    They may have changed since then however.

The Steel hits a lot harder.
    The Pro bow is the same as the adibow in the LX24-1.

The Adidas is preferable for dribbling, softer for control.

But try both.

BossFHockey likes this.
  3. Thomas Clifford

Thomas Clifford FHF Newbie

I would say gryphin after having a tour t-bone (I know it is a different stick but still may help) I prefer the gryphon due to how comfortable I felt playing with it plus the amount of control and feel the stick gives but doesn't compensate on power at all. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Leo Pennantt

Leo Pennantt FHF Newbie

i have an addids compo 1 and find it is hard to dribble due to lack of control but it is ok and its got some real power

5. lewijono

lewijono FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Gryphon Tour Samurai
    I've had 2 Adidas DF24 Compo 1's and have swapped this year to a Gryphon Tour Samurai. Not the same sticks exactly but similar.

My Gryphon is a lot lighter than my Adidas (my choice) and I've found that the Gryphon is better for drag flicking and easier for overhead's (although not massively on the latter but every little helps). Took me a little while to get used to the Gryphon in regards to my first touch as it is a stiffer stick but only a couple of training sessions.

I don't honestly think the Gryphon hit's massively harder than the Adidas (they do hit a dream), but my Gryphon is 15g lighter with a different sweet spot so still not found that perfectly yet.

All in all both great sticks but the Gryphon just pips the Adidas for me.

6. MKochar

MKochar FHF Super Star

How is this the sticks fault?

dhiggins likes this.