England Hockey News AGM Resolution Update - Survey now live

Discussion in 'England Hockey' started by EH News, Oct 27, 2017.

1. EH News

EH News News from England Hockey website

2. Diligent

Diligent FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

I did start to fill it in, with some enthusiasm.
    Made it to about 75% through, but the enthusiasm was gone..
    Then I got to whether I agree or disagree something about governance supporting the player pathway and international success. Sorry. Enthusiasm failure. Page closed.

Lots of other people will contribute. Mine won't be missed.

Willowsacorns likes this.
  3. Goalie64

Goalie64 FHF All Time Great

Saw this on the East Hockey website this morning : http://www.east-hockey.com/

30-10-2017
    EH Governance survey: EH is seeking responses from across hockey via on-line surveys to better understand current governance structures. We want your views about the way in which hockey is currently run and managed at regional, county and league level and whether this meets the needs of clubs and players. We want to know if you feel that it currently works well or if improvements could be made and, if so, we want your thoughts and ideas on practical solutions. An England Hockey governance review working group has been established to address the AGM resolution. The findings from the survey will be used by this group to help identify opportunities and develop best practice in governance for the benefit of our sport.Yew Consulting, an independent sports consultancy, have been commissioned to develop the survey questions and are collecting and analysing the data on our behalf. All feedback will be handled in accordance with the Market Research Society Code of Conduct and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
    There are two versions of the survey:
    For Administrators/Committee Members of Regional, County, League and Umpiring Associations go here
    For Club Administrators/Committee Members and club members go here
    If you ‘wear more than one hat’ please feel free to complete the survey as many times as required.
    The survey will take between 15-20 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey no later than Sunday November 26 2017.

4. Hacker

Hacker FHF Legend

I started it and didn't get that far. Not a survey designed to excite!

Willowsacorns likes this.
  5. Willowsacorns

Willowsacorns FHF Legend

I am with you both - makes me wonder if it is designed to have that effect.

Ravennghorde likes this.
  6. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

"If you ‘wear more than one hat’ please feel free to complete the survey as many times as required."

Makes me feel uncomfortable that one - I highly doubt that anyone from within a governance position can split their personality for survey purposes.

Smacks of yet another "tell us what we want to hear and we'll go with it" in my 'club member' opinion - Therefore no comeback right? ;)

Ravennghorde likes this.
  7. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Reads like it needed just one question to me (again, club member "hat" on..)

"We're doing the right thing...Right?"

8. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

To be fair we provided every piece of information under the sun formally and informally and @G still got lost Saturday ;)