Best new brands?

Discussion in 'Which stick? (includes Stick Reviews)' started by Unit Hockey, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:20 PM.

1. Unit Hockey

Unit Hockey FHF Newbie

Hi guys! We are a new field hockey collective with a passion for new, cool brands.

We currently stock 4 brands but the main reason for creating this thread is, I was just wondering your thoughts on which new brands are the best.

Y1 have been big in the UK and Thurso and Oregon are trying to crush Osaka's market share in Belgium. Is the key to being a big brand that you represent a niché or an identity? Wondering what your thoughts are on why some brands grow and what you look for as a customer?

Who is going to have a good year and who are going to have a tougher year do you think?

2. Rajulicious852

Rajulicious852 FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Mazon Slingshot XG, Mazon Hook LB
    In my opinion, absolutely. I think people get less excited about Grays sticks simply because they don't "stand for" much other than just being consistently good sticks. Unlike brands like Osaka/Y1/Oregon who go for the fashionable, Instagram aesthetic with their stuff.

I think Thurso are very hard to come by though - I don't know how anyone in the UK could have access to their stuff, which seems to be shooting themselves in the foot a bit

3. Jake Harvey

Jake Harvey FHF Legend

Is that niché like cliché or niche like quiche?

RussellButt and BossFHockey like this.
  4. Rajulicious852

Rajulicious852 FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Mazon Slingshot XG, Mazon Hook LB
    I took it as niche like quiche but I'm open minded ya know

5. Unit Hockey

Unit Hockey FHF Newbie

6. Sven

Sven FHF Regular Player

I recently discovered a very small new company based in America called Phoenix Hockey who seem to be doing some interesting stuff. They're a bunch of hockey playing engineers who are trying to improve the hockey stick. I had a chance to test out a few of their models recently and while I was initially quite skeptical based on the visual presentation, I was pleasantly surprised. The sticks had a very soft feel to them, especially when receiving passes, but seemed to pack a ton of power. I was curious enough to place an order, so in a few weeks here hopefully I'll be able to write up a more detailed comparison to the Beikou I've been using (and loving!) for about a year.

Or niche like "itch," if you're from the US.

steve likes this.
  7. MikesDad

MikesDad FHF Top Player

Latitude Hockey are producing good sticks

8. Unit Hockey

Unit Hockey FHF Newbie

I Haven't heard of Phoenix! They sound very simular to the ALFA stick, They too have a really soft feel but hit like a train!! I am yet to try a Latitude stick, they look nice but the only issue I have is the design is very simular to Edge and so maybe lacks a bit of originality. This may be just coincedental but I can't help feel they look like edge but as I am always comparing the artwork will never be better than theirs? It is the same with Tiger who I feel have copied Y1 Orange Lb design.

9. Unit Hockey

Unit Hockey FHF Newbie

You maybe can tell............... I like new gear ;)

10. João Resende

João Resende FHF Newbie

Have you've heard about kuka hockey? They have premium material! Feel and look pretty good

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk