Club Management Tool

Discussion in 'Training Tips & Coaching' started by Greg Munro, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Greg Munro

Greg Munro FHF Newbie

Hi All,

I'm an admin of my local club and was wondering if anyone had heard of Team App? I received an email from them saying I can create my own App with them for free and that it can be used to improvement communication between players and officials?

In my experience, nothing is free, especially creating 'your own app' with them. Has anybody trailed this and can confirm if it can be used at a local club level?

Thanks.

2. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

Had a couple of teams that used Teamer. Reasonably sure it was free. Possible that someone was paying a little to get rid of ads, not sure. Know it did work with phones, but don't know how well it worked, since I'm a luddite with no smartphone. I only got automatically-generated emails and used a web browser to log in.

Personally, I found it a pain. Too much effort for no benefit. I've committed to the team for the year, I know when we're playing, I'll be there every week unless I've made an effort to say I won't. Remembering some other link, some other login, going to it all the time just to say that yes, I'll be at the game this week, I didn't like that at all. Especially when it can be done with a single group email that says 'game is at x o'clock, see you then. Please reply if you won't be there.' But all of that was a problem on my end, not with the service itself.

3. Greg Munro

Greg Munro FHF Newbie

Thanks mate,

Just checked it out, looks like theirs a fee to use all its features, I just set up a team app which took 10min and I'll try and roll this out. It looks good and have now confirmed its free. Thanks for the info though.

4. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

my old club used Teamsnap which was pretty good but think we paid to have more functions than the free version.

5. ToPpS

ToPpS FHF Regular Player

I have used teamer.net for the last 2 seasons.
    It's basically a team notification software and it does exactly that.

I've messaged them over a few items that need improvement but haven't actually seen any development to make it any more valuable, other than to message and keep attendance registers.

There must be better club management options out there. TeamSnap looks like it has potential.
    Active Sports offer a more high end solution
    GroupSpaces has some interesting features
    TeamStuff looks very similar to Teamsnap & Teamer

For a simple things Google Drive can help do most things like document sharing, mail merges, surveys etc.

6. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

In the Netherlands almost all clubs use LISA.
    It a complete package offering member administration, match scheduling, financial administration, website integration, etc. It's quite expensive, but will save a lot of time and effort.
    Not sure if there is an English version, but who knows they might be willing to invest in a new market.

7. Adam44

Adam44 FHF Newbie

Hey Greg,

We trialled a couple of them recently at our club. Team app appears free, but has by ads all over it. Pretty annoying for most really. And it's pretty limited - seems more for footy clubs. Teamer is old and doesn't seem to change much - we recently trialled *LINK REMOVED* and that seemed ok. Haven't found the ads in it yet, nor charges. Handles most team and club communications pretty well, and they seem to be still developing it; keep seeing new releases. They're all a lot better than emails tho!

8. jamespearce23

jamespearce23 FHF Newbie

Hey Greg and everyone!

I recently trialled Team App and it appears "Free" but there's ads EVERYWHERE!
    I'm currently using *LINK REMOVED* to manage our club and that's going great! There aren't any ads at all and it handles our club and team communication really well. I can notify players about game changes, cancellations, anything really and the best thing is that it's actually free. Unlike Team App with ads and TeamSnap with pricing plans, this one actually seems to be the one for me!

9. Peter Bradby

Peter Bradby FHF Regular Player

teamstuff bots?

10. Mac

Mac FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Ritual Velocity; Adidas HS1 XXtreme; Adidas TT10
    Do Bots bother with avatars?

11. Peter Bradby

Peter Bradby FHF Regular Player

I wouldn't have thought so, but the messages from Jamespearce and Adam44 are very similar and sound very promotional. New members with this being the first post as well, seems fishy to me.

Maybe Bots are starting to bother (or at least, someone doing the job of a bot) with avatars.

12. Kilmory

Kilmory Administrator
    FHF Administrator

Nope - genuine people I think. However, using the company email address to register your account doesn't show much initiative when you are pretending to be a service user. :cool:

13. PaulC

PaulC FHF Starter

We use Teamer too, always seems reasonable and bot free.

Only problem is that my email started assuming that Teamer invites via email are spam and ferrets them away in the junk email folder. I changed the email rule and it seemed to sort the problem out but obviously GMail didn't like the summer break and has gone back to junking them :confused:

14. Guru Cube

Guru Cube FHF Starter

I guess from the previous replies that these were just employees. However, these days, you also get 'whisperers' which are normal people, often with well established accounts, who take payment to promote certain items/sites/companies/etc. Obviously, they are harder to spot when they have an established number of posts.

15. FuturesSports

FuturesSports FHF Newbie

Hockey Dad - ipad app is really good - just started using it this season. It`s more of a team app than a club management app. One off 5chf - $5 - £2.99 or whatever you use!

16. Guru Cube

Guru Cube FHF Starter

I've given TeamStuff a shot and I think it's surprisingly good. Particularly because TeamSnap got to the stage of charging and I just think it's rates are over the top for what is, in essence, a very simple process. I did a bit of research into why it's free and it 'seems' to be legitimate. o_O It appears that the company owners/creators wanted a decent app for handling their kids' teams and decided to write their own....
    It seems good so far; if anything changes, or some dodgy messages charging money or ads appear, I'll let you know.

(And no, I am not a bot... Just a weekend hockey player trying to find something to help my club run smoother! :) )

Peter Bradby likes this.
  17. Guru Cube

Guru Cube FHF Starter

Ok, so an update on TeamStuff; our whole club has adopted it and seems to be working well. The only major downside seems to be getting people to actually register it. But, that seems to be very few. Pretty much everyone is on and the rosterers are finding it a lot easier each weekend. Certainly saves them trawling emails and sending out tons of SMS messages.

It's also been pretty good in that it holds the location of games (provided you program it in when setting up the game calendar). That way, people always have easy access to the destination rather than trying to follow someone and getting lost in traffic!!

So, seems to be a thumbs up for now. :)

18. antony morata

hello, I advise you to check appinall app