Club tournament in Mexico

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by marrosfue, May 6, 2007.

1. marrosfue

marrosfue FHF Newbie

Hola

Just to let you all know that there will be a tournament in Mexico later on this year and we hope you can bring your teams!

If you decide to come by yourself or with a few hockeymates, we can hook you up with some teams over here.

The tournament will be held in Mexico City on November 17th-19th,2007. We will play on an astroturf waterbased pitch. The Copa Asociación is a hockey tournament organized by the Mexico City Hockey Association and it is a major tournament for clubs, regional, provincial and national teams in Mexico.

Accomodation will be provided at a very low cost (I am afraid I don't have a final cost per person per night yet) at the High Performance Center and/or the Mexican Olympic Committee. We are still looking at costs for meals at these villages with the possibility of having take-out lunch boxes for early and afternoon games (the cost of this will probably be included in the accomodation costs). Transportation from and to the aiport from the village and from pitch to the village and back will be also provided for with no charge for you. There will be no entry fee for your team to the tournament.

In past tournaments, we have had teams from Cuba and Canada.

Mexico City is an ideal location for an extended stay, with a lot of tourist points of all kinds and important archeological sites inside or closeby like Taxco, Teotihuacán and Acapulco. Therefore, plan 3 or 4 more days to take this opportunity to visit them before or after the tournament. I suggest you plan your visit from November 16th to November 22nd. If you decide to, we can help you book tours in or around Mexico City upon your arrival.

I will have more information later on, but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at mario@hockeydemexico.com or just leaving a message here.

We look forward to welcoming you to our city!!

2. marrosfue

marrosfue FHF Newbie

hey

so, i have a price for accomodation at the Mexican Olympic Committee if you decide to come to our little tournament in Mexico. it is at $45 us dollars, per person per night and includes all three meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner). if you confirm kind of soon that you're coming to the tournament, we can probably get a better price...also, there isn't an entry fee for you and/or your team and ground transportation between the airport, the village and the pitch and back does not have an extra cost for you. come on! hockey, the beach, and lots of fun can't get much better than that!!! jaja! :yes:

3. garli

garli FHF Staff

I wish I could convince my team to leave the country for a tournament but I doubt it will ever happen.

4. 2cool

2cool FHF Newbie

Interested in Club tournament in Mexico

Hi there
    I am interested in knowing about your club tournaments held in Mexico.
    I have a regular hockey club which does regular outings each year to different parts of the globe where good hockey is played...
    So, write me your email add and i will send you our team details

5. MK

MK FHF Legend

@2Cool

That post is 3 years old. Why are you replying to old posts?