Clubs in Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Gocu, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Gocu

Gocu FHF Regular Player

Hello
    I am going to move to Edinburgh and of course I would't like to finish my adventure with hockey. I can help in coaching, I also would like to train with club but on a totally amateur level. I am after umpire course. Could U help me in finding any club in this area? I wrote an email do EHC but they didn't answer....
    Regards
    Gocu

2. Goalie64

Goalie64 FHF All Time Great

3. haggis

haggis FHF Top Player

Hi Gocu,

I'm surprised by EHC... they are normally pretty good at replying whenever I've needed to contact them - (I think) they were Vicks old club, so she might be able to point you in the right direction there.
    Other clubs I would recommend are Inverleith (http://www.inverleith-hc.co.uk) and Grange (http://www.grangehockey.org). Both are very strong clubs able to offer hockey for players of every ability.

If there is anything else you need... just ask! It's just a shame you aren't moving to nearer Stepps :p

Haggis

p.s. I have only recommended these clubs as they are the ones which I know a few people at and that I would personally look at if moving to Edinburgh.... Others will probably know more about other clubs in Edinburgh.

4. Feeder

Feeder FHF Starter

Hi Gocu, glad to hear that you are moving to Edinburgh as you said you would (you may remember some PM correspondence we had a while ago)!

If you go to this page on the Scottish Hockey website that Goalie64 has mentioned, you'll find a list of clubs in Scotland. The clubs in Edinburgh who you might like to contact are Inverleith, Waverley Inveresk Trinity, Erskine Stewart Melville and Edinburgh Hockey Club. There's also Grange and Watsonians. They should all be able to give you information on umpiring courses and they are all amateur clubs who I would think will welcome players of any standard.

Let us know how you get on with finding a club, and please get in touch if you are ever playing in Aberdeen!

5. hot shot viks

hot shot viks FHF Legend

hey gocu!

I used to play for EHC.. who did you try and contact? If you want to get in concat with anyone have a look at this page.. I would try and contact seve, the club coach... dont know him, but I'm sure he would point you in the right direction... also try the tteam captains and kenny, the club president. A very nice and firendly guy, who will go out of his way to help you out... If you dont get a reply from them, give me a shout and ill give you some more addresses for you to try!!

cheers!

viks

6. Gocu

Gocu FHF Regular Player

Hi:)
    I wrote to Sarah Plint - she is a secretary of a club if I remember...:)

Regards
    Matthew

PS

Thanks for a lot of help!

7. georgevguy

georgevguy FHF Starter

Hi Gocu,

Email me at georgevguy@aol.com and I will get you a reply quickly.

George Guy
    Honorary President
    Cala Edinburgh Hockey Club

8. hot shot viks

hot shot viks FHF Legend

Aaah, the main man!!

Would of suggested you George, but I didnt know how much you were (or if ) you were still involved with the club!!

viks

9. georgevguy

georgevguy FHF Starter

I spend most of my time these days running East Youth and coaching some of the squads, but as Honorary Life President of Edinburgh I'm afraid there's only one way out. And I'm not planning on dieing anytime soon.

10. hot shot viks

hot shot viks FHF Legend

haha, I thought as much! lol

good to hear from you anyway, not sure if you can remember coaching me about 7 years or so ago!

If im ever back in edinburgh, ill be sure to give you guys a shout!!

viks

11. geriverstik50

geriverstik50 FHF Regular Player

You don't half George-but stop trying to pinch all the best players for Edinburgh clubs.

Hey Gocu Falkirk and Linlithgow aren't that far away -contact Rossco

12. hot shot viks

hot shot viks FHF Legend

haha!!! That's his job!!

george knows too many people!! lol

viks

13. gbarrett

gbarrett FHF Newbie

Anyone know of a club out towards Dunbar? I saw they have a ladies team but cant spot any reference to a men's team there too? Could end up moving there later this year for work. have to keep an eye out for the hockey too though.

14. big red

big red FHF Newbie

Hi Guco, I think i have played against you (Indoor) email this address allanlaw@hotmail.com :)

15. Gocu

Gocu FHF Regular Player

I wrote to U :)

Summing up I am moving to Edinburgh on 6th July. I will be looking for place to play, for better job and for everything:)
    Probably I will live in Edinburgh 13 (I have heard that it's something like a district?). Which of clubs will be the nearest?:)

16. EccyThump

EccyThump FHF Regular Player

Fidra Lions might be your closest men's team I think. Dunbar and Haddington only run ladies teams as far as I am aware.

17. Gocu

Gocu FHF Regular Player

welcome Scotland:p
    today I was in EHC but everrything was closed ; )

18. Scothockey

Scothockey FHF Newbie

Hi Gocu,

Most clubs will be shut as it is the summer break, and they do not have staff etc at pitches.

Cala would I imagine be on the pitch at the start of August? They may even be doing pre season fitness?? Check out their website??

19. Steph_Ajo

Steph_Ajo FHF Newbie

Hi Gocu,

5 years on I know (!) however are you still in Edinburgh and looking for a club to umpire for? We are in desperate need of one!