Crown Hockey: New Stick Brand (have your say and get involved)

Discussion in 'Which stick? (includes Stick Reviews)' started by Evan@crownhockey, Nov 14, 2013.

1. jmzevans

jmzevans FHF Top Player

Rajulicious852 likes this.
  2. Palm87

Palm87 FHF Legend

Lol, that's the wrong wiki-page.
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/layman

The term is actually 'layman', instead of laymen. 'Layman' --> someone who is untrained or lacks knowledge of a subject. Hence the phrase 'Let me put in layman's terms' --> let me put in a way that is easier to understand for someone with less knowledge about the subject.

Patrick121916 likes this.
  3. GoAlScOrEr123624

GoAlScOrEr123624 FHF Top Player

This is becoming a good debate, isn't it?

jmzevans likes this.
  4. Kiwi Hockey

Kiwi Hockey FHF Newbie

Any idea when this stick will actually be for sale, there has been a lot of "its coming" and "we're taking it around the clubs to fine tune it before putting into production" but apart from that haven't seen much else.

5. The Fall Guy

The Fall Guy FHF Regular Player

I want someone with good, consistent technique to tell me that the dimples give less vibration and that I am not just paying a small fortune for something that is actually irrelevant (I would never buy a stick at that price even if it offered favours after every goal). Alternatively let them release the stick for it to be independently scientifically tested to prove the reduction in vibration. Happy with one or the other.

Love the Lewis Hamilton piece but think it lacks relevance - we are asking does this actually work and who is best placed to give an opinion. You need consistent conditions to test a professional would be consistent your Mum probably not. I would therefore much rather Lewis tell me about a car than your Mum, no offence I am sure she is a great driver.

jmzevans likes this.
  6. Evan@crownhockey

Evan@crownhockey FHF Starter

Hi guys,

There's lots of interesting discussion going on here and the vast majority of the questions can be only be answered by trying it out for yourself.

We understand that most of you want a high level of player to test the stick, which we have had and received extremely encouraging feedback. However, as you all know, almost every international hockey player is contracted to a brand already. Until we are in a position to match, or at least challenge these contracts, we cannot use any of their feedback as promotional material.

Below I have linked a video from our tour date with Chelmsford Hockey Club, with both men's and ladies first team playing at a high level.
    We will continue to show as many clubs as we can our product to meet the demand, but also receive criticism that allows us to produce the highest quality outcome.

Scepticism of our product is understandable at this early stage, as few have had the chance to prove our claims to themselves. We know that once you've had the chance to play with our stick you will be able to put your doubts to rest.

All the best and keep the comments coming :)

Matt.M @ Crown

7. Martindk

Martindk FHF Top Player

with that price are the guarantee longer than the usual 3 months ?

8. Babybel89

Babybel89 FHF Starter

@Evan@crownhockey Not sure what time you're coming down but hopefully I will be around. The Men's 1s have a rearranged fixture to get done most likely that day, so we may miss you on your visit, but hopefully not. Be good to have a try out. See you then

9. GoAlScOrEr123624

Do you have a list of clubs you are visiting on your "tour"?

10. GoAlScOrEr123624

Also, no offence to your designing skills, have you got rid of the orange backing as I really don't think it looks very good!

Sorry about that...

11. The Fall Guy

The Fall Guy FHF Regular Player

Another video that says and adds nothing to the discussion. But then I guess its not a stick aimed at me, I have more sense than money.

12. GoAlScOrEr123624

13. Babybel89

Babybel89 FHF Starter

To be fair to them, they are doing exactly what any company in any industry would do, get the new product out there and get as many people as possible to use it. Get the brand name up, get the interest up and build. I'm no expert but I don't know of any companies or sole traders who started up and were instantly profitable and successful. These things take time and money. Constructive feedback is of course helpful but aimless comments aren't.

14. GoAlScOrEr123624

Also, every company starts small (I'm sure even Grays and Gryphon etc did) and it takes time to become reputable and well known. They are doing the best they can so I agree with @Babybel89.
    I personally think the idea is brilliant and can't wait for it to become more common so I can have a go!!!

15. Patrick121916

Patrick121916 FHF Super Star

16. GoAlScOrEr123624

I reckon the snake has them for a different reason though!!!

17. Patrick121916

Patrick121916 FHF Super Star

Same effect...nothing.

18. GoAlScOrEr123624

Back to sticks..... I think grays are kicking themselves for not discovering this technique and now finding it patented!!!!

19. Hockey girl

Hockey girl FHF Newbie

Hello,

Just thought I'd post about my actual experience playing with a Crown Hockey Stick.. I've been Playing with this stick for the last 2 weeks and so far I think is amazing, without a doubt the best hockey stick I've ever had. The control it gives you to lift and chip the ball is brilliant and the power behind the hit is equally good.

Previous I had a Gryphon which I never really got along with so I would recommend this stick to everyone and anyone.

Evan@crownhockey likes this.
  20. Martindk

Martindk FHF Top Player

Which model and price ?