England Hockey Competition Management System

Discussion in 'England Hockey' started by Rich_C, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

England Hockey website: "We have a new Competition Management System (CMS) operated by SportLoMo to support your club. This will allow you to enter teams, follow draws, results and statistics. Similar to the old provider, Fixtures Live, each club will have a CMS liaison officer (club secretary) who’ll be sent login details for the new system on 31 July."

Does anyone know what is going on with England Hockey and fixtures? I notice none of the National League fixtures seem to have be showing anywhere online (other than the overall schedule which can be downloaded) and they arent showing on the NPUA website yet?

2. Willowsacorns

Willowsacorns FHF Legend

EH have decided to go in a separate direction and we are all waiting to see how that works.

As someone with a passing interest in the admin side of a National League side I have absolutely no idea what's going on or how transfers and squad management including game day admin will work.

Happy days

Ravennghorde likes this.
  3. MikesDad

MikesDad FHF Top Player

SportLoMo have said they expect things to go live in the second week of August

4. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

Blimey - that is a bit late for the start of the season - thanks for the update MikesDad

Ravennghorde likes this.
  5. SPactionimages

SPactionimages FHF Top Player

Has anybody seen anything from SportLoMo yet ?

Ravennghorde likes this.
  6. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

Just bizarre - less than 6 weeks to go and we still don't have a single national league fixture time online.

Ravennghorde likes this.
  7. Ravennghorde

Ravennghorde FHF All Time Great

And presumably no player registrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

Still nothing and that's the third week of August. What on earth is going on?

Ravennghorde likes this.
  9. sord89

sord89 FHF Star Player

It's clear for a while England Hockey are not massively bothered about growing the top domestic leagues so no real surprise. Either that or they're really bad at growing and promoting the domestic leagues.

10. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

I don't think its that at all. If you look at their original press release https://www.englandhockey.co.uk/new...anagement+System+appoint+SportLoMo&section=22 (and the original tender documents) it becomes clear what England Hockey's commercial drivers are. If anything they want the data to grow their abilities. Whether you agree with those or not the inability to implement a proper project around them with timely information and release dates appears to be simply bad project management given neither EH or Sport Lomo have responded to tweets on this.

11. ironman

ironman FHF Top Player

A delay is inevitable isn't it, that's just how these things work!?

What seems stupid is that there was a system already set up with Fixtures Live that was functioning adequately, now Sport Lomo have to programme that (which doesn't appear to have been particularly easy) but in 1-3 years will need to rewrite the system again to take account of the new league structure. Would it not have been sensible to stick with FL and retender for the new league structure?

12. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

IMO it shouldnt be for your showcase domestic leagues

13. ironman

ironman FHF Top Player

Completely agree. But it shouldn't be for major motorways, buildings, etc. but it all still happens!

14. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

Less than a month to go, anyone heard when the new system is going to be released?

Ravennghorde likes this.
  15. careeman

careeman FHF Super Star

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but...............

I have it on good authority from a friend inside EH that clubs have been kept apprised of the delay and EH are working with them to alleviate the problems and plan for the new season.

Only last weekend I raised this thread and shared the link with my friend to show the frustration and comments circulating about the lack of visibility to the general public. He suggested (without definitive authority) that updates and the system itself will be available very soon.

Be patient people, it is coming. :)

16. FatForward

FatForward FHF Top Player

I understand testing of 'player transfers' on the new system was happening this week. I was told this last Saturday. We must be getting close to 'go live' now.

17. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

I simply just don't understand how they can be testing with less than a month to go to the start of the season.

Its not just clubs who use it - people try planning and organising their weekends around where they might be able to go and see a decent national league match. Fortunately some of the clubs local to me put the times up on their own websites. Its the whole premise behind Finance set out in the consultation paper for the new league. If they can't deliver a change to a different provider announced back in February how on earth do they think clubs are going to raise the finance to support their aspirations. They think "the top level domestic structure will support and drive visibility for clubs with the aim of increasing sponsorship and donations". The proposed changes in structure wont do that and this is just another example of aspirational thinking not being delivered. The England Hockey competitions team are generally IMO under-resourced but the commercial team who procured this new system must be held to account for its poor delivery. It simply isn't acceptable not to have match times online, giving clubs the tools to build off the excitement of what is happening in the Netherlands.

Ravennghorde likes this.
  18. careeman

careeman FHF Super Star

I can't add anything to what I've already put.

Except...........

Don't shoot the (unofficial) messenger.
    ;):)

Rich_C likes this.
  19. Willowsacorns

Willowsacorns FHF Legend

Thanks @careeman hopefully someone at my club has been contacted but I gather not on the men's side of things.

It is all far from ideal, I do hope there is some form of dispensation so we don't have a whole raft of penalties applied for late or incorrect transfers.

Also I see the proposal for new league structures are out - Prem, Div 1, 4 conferences and 2s allowed to play conference as long as 1st teams are up in Prem/1 (I think).

Is this the end of the London league, is it the death of small clubs (big clubs will have 2 NL teams). Lots of questions

20. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Hi all

The discussion re the proposed national league restructuring has been split off into a separate thread here to keep the two issues in separate threads.

Thanks, Red