England Hockey Competition Management System

Discussion in 'England Hockey' started by Rich_C, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Ravennghorde

Ravennghorde FHF All Time Great

Have you seen their websites? Bad enough to replace SportsLoMo.
    https://www.south-league.com/fixtures
    http://www.5counties.co.uk/index.php?option=com_hzleaguemanager&view=fixtures&Itemid=8
    http://www.east-hockey.com/leagues2/showdata/sqlresults/venueswomen.asp?division=3nw

FixturesLive isn't perfect but it gives a standard interface to a lot of leagues and is easy to use. Plus an excellent history going back up to 15 years.

Rich_C likes this.
  2. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    Only way I found is to embed it with whats know as an iframe (currently the way EH are doing it on their website) which is old hat and an accessibility minefield (I am a web developer/designer as my day job.)
    There could be other solutions but I haven't got too much time at the moment to sit there and fiddle at the moment, I just hope they have something in place for every to use.

@Ravennghorde the East site has been like that for years I wish they'd update it!

Ravennghorde and andrewdenye like this.
  3. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

I actually like our slightly "old fashioned" website in the Midlands.

It does generally speaking what it needs to!

4. FatForward

FatForward FHF Top Player

In case anyone from SportsLoMo reads this - on the Results page (and I've only looked at Investec Prem). The Uni of Birmingham goalscorer is missing (Katelyn Aitchinson?) and the Holcombe team sheet. Probably worth rechecking it all for gaps.

5. FatForward

FatForward FHF Top Player

In Investec North the goalscorers are missing for Beeston, Sutton Coldfield, Liverpool Sefton, Ben Rhydding and Flyde??

6. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

The team sheet on the current page is not verified. This is simply put up by teams and may bear no correlation to what is signed by the teams, umpires and match official on the day at the moment.

7. Ravennghorde

With FixturesLive I got an email of the result. Now have to keep checking the webpage. Backwards step. Not seeing anything positive in the new setup yet.

8. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

It's embarrassing. Checking the England hockey website on the phone this morning and they still have last year's league tables coming up.

9. Rich_C

Rich_C FHF Star Player

Fixed now.

10. ironman

ironman FHF Top Player

Is there a page you can go to/link to directly to see each table?

11. Ravennghorde

Just been chased by another club for EH junior fixtures details which we've not had confirmed by EH but are buried on their website in an area totally unrelated to the Investec/men's competitions.
    This is just pathetic. Not only is the new system totally disjointed as well as being useless EH themselves ain't communicating, last I heard they were going to avoid the first scheduled week. Now have to book pitches and umpires for the 15th. Frustrating is an under statement.

12. Crocked82

Crocked82 FHF Top Player

Add to that informing parents of match details, travel arrangements. What a shambles. So are the junior comps now going ahead on the 15th?

edit - oh yeah, the junior fixtures are out.

#112 Crocked82, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Ravennghorde likes this.
  13. UmpireX

UmpireX FHF Newbie

Absolutely terrible! EH are supposed to be leading the way, not lagging behind! Shocking! Embarrassing!

14. sord89

sord89 FHF Star Player

I will of course try to win at the weekend but if we get knocked out and can get away from this farce it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

15. Ravennghorde

Need to enter details of junior fixtures. Hunt for how to do it and surprise surprise it's a different website which I'm not registered to use. Disjointed or what? Why do Irish jokes spring to mind???

16. brayjd

brayjd FHF Starter

For info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. HomewardBound

HomewardBound FHF Newbie

Does anybody know if and how you can access all junior fixtures for a junior team e.g. I can see the boys u14 fixtures for 15th October but can't see who else the teams play and when?

18. Ravennghorde

Not all the fixtures are online yet. After all why do clubs need them?

19. Ravennghorde

Related part of the mess up. Just had U16 EH tier 1 fixtures. The pool areas are massive. Ours has one league Plymouth to Bournemouth and another Buckingham to Havant. Same area as our seniors in South cover. Wish me luck getting a team out for 2.5 hour drive each way on a Sunday for a pool match. I'll have to hire a bus. Hopefully the regional round will be somewhere central like Bristol. Last year they sent Stourport to Norwich for regionals so I'm not hopeful.

20. Peeb Rain

Peeb Rain FHF Newbie

I wasn't sure where to post this, but here seems as relevant as anywhere else. I look at the BBC app regularly and it always irks me when I have to search for hockey as it is not exactly prominent. With the recent deliberations about Fixtures Live etc and the clearly clumsy way we are encouraged to check on National League scores etc I thought it might be easier to check out the National League scores on the BBC. No chance. I could find nothing and no reference to this years competitions. Much of the hockey content is months old. It reminds me of the way the newspapers have gradually stopped reporting hockey - remember Sidney Friskin? I would have thought that our governing body should be, and maybe are, trying to get domestic hockey back on the BBC map. In the context that it always reports when one of our lady tennis players gets knocked out first round or even in qualifying, somewhere or other and the increasing coverage of female sport generally, surely there is scope for greater coverage of one of the biggest mixed gender participation sports in the country.

Ravennghorde likes this.