Face Masks - Short Corners

Discussion in 'General Hockey Chit-Chat' started by Jimmy_Sharks, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Offline

Jimmy_Sharks FHF Top Player

Message Count:
    I have been debating a change to defense for a fair while and i seem to have a ball magnet on my face when defending short corners. I was wondering if anyone can give me any insight in how good bad the masks are and whats good and whats bad cheers
  2. Offline

Fraz_37 FHF Starter

Message Count:
    I have been playing using an obo face-off mask for about 3 season now had numerous clips and knocks from short range shots and deflections

never had a direct hit so to speak

but never felt and of the knocks i have taken so i would strongly recomend that

especially in clear if you can find one
  3. Offline

Jimmy_Sharks FHF Top Player

Message Count:
    Cheers mate sounds ideal :)
  4. Offline

Folmer FHF Legend

Message Count:
    Just make sure it's transparent and a full face one. Like the Obo, Stag, Brabo or the TK 1.

And don't forget to train your reaction when a ball comes flying towards your eyes. The natural instinct is to turn your head so the back is exposed making the mask useless. You need to train so you don't turn your head, but keep watching the ball. I would recommend to start with tennis balls.
  5. Offline

jaduong FHF Legend

Message Count:
    i like the TK mask i use. i could not tell you which one it is. just worry about a cold day and breathing hard into the mask. the transparency is pointless after a very short while. which ever mask you choose, make sure your direct vision is good, and your peripheral vision is as good as can be. no point stopping a shot on goal, only to not be able to see the damn ball after that¬
  6. Offline

Fraz_37 FHF Starter

Message Count:
    again i would recoment the obo

mine isnt clear and my vision in the mask is still pretty good

sometime lose the injector in my peripherals though