Filming Equipment for Training and Match Analysis

Discussion in 'Training Tips & Coaching' started by goaliebristol, Jun 9, 2012.

1. goaliebristol

goaliebristol FHF Newbie

I am keen to start filming both training (especially for goalkeepers) and matches to allow me to provide video feedback and analysis. I have a budget of around £750 and will not have an assistant in either scenario.

I havent done this before so if anyone can provide some guidance on equipment and how to set it up effectively that would be great.

Thanks

2. Reubarb

Reubarb FHF Newbie

Mate do you own any apple products, iPhone, iPod touch or iPad? If you do this is easy as hell.

There are a billion apps on the app store for filming and breaking down video to assess performance and technique. Some have better features like slow motion, drawing, layering (one movie over another) ect ect. The one I use is called Ubersense.

The devices allow relevant feedback to be provided to players straight away. You can ask them questions regarding their technique and get them to assess their own issues and plan for their own progress. As a coach you can oversee and ensure the right stuff is being done.

The one I mentioned is really good because you can record yourself speaking while watching the video and so you can critique the player that way rather than to their face if you don't want to provide instantaneous feedback. How does the player view it? Well you can message the clip either via email or cellphone to the person you want

On your budget it's not a bad way to go.

FastForward24 likes this.
  3. DavidBurns

DavidBurns FHF Legend

Any decent video camera will be more than adequate, higher the frame rate the better, 50fps should be plenty for the speeds in hockey. stick it on a tripod and away you go.

for any slow motion stuff download the free version of real player and you can scroll by frame.

4. goaliebristol

goaliebristol FHF Newbie

Thanks I was thinking more video camera than apple products but thank you both for your advice. Any particular software that you would recommend that is affordable?

5. DavidBurns

DavidBurns FHF Legend

depends what you want the software top do, if it is just for playing the videos real player will be fine and its free. my local golf pro uses it and thats with swing speeds of 120+ mph and ball speed upwards of 180mph.

ill try and grab a video from him so you can see the quality and base your decision on that

6. goaliebristol

goaliebristol FHF Newbie

Thanks that would be useful. I would like to be able to edit and create feedback clips to send to players

7. Pramod Batlaw

I am also looking for complete set .....Camera ,Lap top and Suitable Training and Match Analysis software.......Needs Advice,...... Preferably from Actual User