Gloves

Discussion in 'Other Gear Questions & Reviews' started by Martin Clarke, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Martin Clarke

Martin Clarke FHF Newbie

Im looking at getting a new glove. Does the thinner gloves provide adiquate L/H protection. Don’t fancy going full cricket glove.

2. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

The hardshell gloves are good, though obviously don't cover quite as much of your fingers as bulkier gloves do.

3. CG14

CG14 FHF Legend

G'day mate.
    I'd highly recommend a Left Hand glove especially as you are getting back into the game after a spell away. Will mean you get used to it from the off.
    Gives protection and confidence to plant the left hand when tackling / trapping.
    IMG_6124.JPG IMG_6125.JPG I have had the RITUAL and it was superb. I believe it is made by MYCRO which you could maybe get slightly cheaper and some people reckon is slightly cooler in that it's an original / not flashy!?
    IMG_6123.JPG IMG_6116.jpg The Gryphons are similar to other brands e.g adidas. The new one looks slight better quality? I had a g mitt pro which was good. Some of the graphics came off rather easy but it was comfortable and solid protection wise.
    Some would say nice to match glove brand to stick but that may just be me as you know I'm a tad OCD?!
    The new Grays do look a step up but I have not tried one personally. I know you like GRAYS as a brand ( smartly ).

Martin Clarke likes this.
  4. CG14

CG14 FHF Legend

5. Martin Clarke

Martin Clarke FHF Newbie

G,day mate

Top man CG!!!! I must admit I’m a sucker for matching up. The options are mad nowadays compared to when we were kids. Still got my old TK glove to match the 1plus sticks we had. The next thing is shin pads

6. CG14

CG14 FHF Legend

IMG_6129.JPG Job Done

7. Martin Clarke

Martin Clarke FHF Newbie

They look like Predators!!!!! Really cool

8. lewijono

lewijono FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Gryphon Tour Samurai
    The Adidas Lux shin pads are the best on the market I believe. They're a really good fit to your leg and they're insanely light. I can't even tell I'm wearing them. They are strapless (I hate straps on shin pads) and the inserts remove from the shell so you can wash them (not that I ever have).

In terms of gloves, I have had the Ritual that's been previously mention, the G Mitt Pro and the G Mitt Deluxe (both Gryphon). The ritual is probably the comfiest out of the 3 however offers the least protection. A direct hit on your hand it won't do a lot but glancing balls it'll do the job.

The G Mitt Pro and G Mitt Deluxe offer much more protection, still very comfortable though, the Pro only goes up to the first knuckle on your finger and the Deluxe goes up to the second so that's personal preference again. I use the Deluxe currently as I feel it is better on your flat stick reverse and just offers a little more.

9. Martin Clarke

Martin Clarke FHF Newbie

Thanks for the reply lewijono.