Goalkeeper Rules

Discussion in 'Indoor Umpiring Questions' started by brissy_umpire, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Krebsy

Krebsy FHF All Time Great

There isn't a 23m area. Indoor it is just the half of the pitch the keeper's team is defending.

2. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Yep, except this is the indoor rules board, Nij...

3. The.Rampage.Rado

The.Rampage.Rado FHF All Time Great

I would be very happy to see that blown at lower levels too but I doubt I can name a Bulgarian umpire that will not blow PC for GK lifting the ball when kicking or sweeping the ball in an empty space of the field

Krebsy likes this.
  4. Nij

Nij FHF All Time Great

So "outside their own half" not "outside their own 23MA", is the only difference as far as I remember.

redumpire likes this.
  5. The.Rampage.Rado

The.Rampage.Rado FHF All Time Great

Yes, GK can not take part in the game indoors outside their own half. But can take (ans score) a PS. :)

6. Nij

Nij FHF All Time Great

The same outdoors, though a lot of people couldn't give the correct restriction and that correct exception.

7. Bondy

Bondy FHF Legend

A GK can't just change to a PWGKP by taking their kit off mid-game - any change between the team composition options (10+GK, 10+Kicking Back, 11 field players) takes place as a substitution - and anyway the game won't be held up for the GK to take off everything that is reserved for GKs' use. If you're on the field as a GK, you stay on the field as a GK. Note also in Indoor, there are restrictions on how many times you can sub a GK for a field player or kicking back.

8. Krebsy

It would be a shame if they could take but not score a PS.

Paul Watts likes this.
  9. Krebsy

This does however back up my assertion that Guidance may not be a bad idea. Good knowledgeable umpires have got it round their ear and the final agreed interpretation, whilst reasonable and probably broadly supported is not 100% unambiguous when you read 9.9 and 10.3.
    Thus if the interpretation of the rules is as we see here, words to that effect may benefit the lay-reader of the rule-book.