Gr11000 vs gr8000/7000

Discussion in 'Which stick? (includes Stick Reviews)' started by Matt112, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Matt112

Matt112 FHF Newbie

I need a new stick and I'm pretty set upon a stick from the gr range. I tried a mates gr7000 xtreme and it felt decent but was wondering If there was much difference between that and the gr11000 xtreme. If so is the difference worth it?

2. Waxxxed

Waxxxed FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Tribaal Impi - Beikou 90 Pro - Oregon Wolf1
    The 11 will be stiffer.
    Significantly I would imagine.
    So it'll be a little more unruly for trapping/dribbling, especially combined with the bow.

But if you're accustomed to stiff/bowed sticks, then you should be able to handle it fine.

Whether or not the 11 is worth the extra dollars/pounds/euro/lira/rupees depends on you.
    If you're not much of a hitter/slapper, then the extra power from the 11 will be redundant.

Having said that, I dont hit/slap an awful lot, but still go for the stiffer sticks as I enjoy their touch.

3. Mustardears

Mustardears FHF Starter

My son has both and says there is no comparison, the GR 11,000 is superbly balanced, has fantastic fizz but is no more difficult to trap. If you have the money, it comes highly recommended.