Grip Tapes Countdown

Discussion in 'Other Gear Questions & Reviews' started by CG14, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Jake Phillips

Jake Phillips FHF Newbie

Does anyone have any recommendations for extra long grips?
    Not really to keen on the price of the Osaka Sex Tape.

#121 Jake Phillips, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. dioncuthbert

dioncuthbert FHF Regular Player

Kookaburra chamois is pretty long

3. BlindGoalie613

BlindGoalie613 FHF All Time Great

4. Jake Phillips

Jake Phillips FHF Newbie

Thanks I'll give it a go.

5. CRV

CRV FHF Top Player

I use just bog standard EAB off Amazon as an over grip and I love it! Got 2x5m rolls for a fiver. So could be a cheap and touch friendly option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. BlindGoalie613

BlindGoalie613 FHF All Time Great

7. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF Super Star

I plan to start rolling a different type of grip into each subscription box (sign up today at bossfhockeybox.co.uk for the low low price of £20) the first box has 2 Gribbid ProGrips which are used by many top level players and is worth £10 by themselves, well worth paying the extra £10 for all the other stuff you can get ;) (shameless plug of my new subscription box service for field hockey equipment shipping worldwide over - well sort of)

I was also thinking once I had some capital behind me I would start selling a one off grip box with one of each type of grip/tape in the box for people to try.

8. dave454

dave454 FHF Legend

My grips are fairly standard- just a Barrington Sports chamois attached with tape at both ends.

However, there is a trick I've started doing recently. I run the stick tape at the top down the grip by about 2 inches. This provides a smoother surface for my top hand when hitting. It also helps keep the tension high at the top of the grip- I usually find the top of a chammy goes a bit loose compared to the rest of the grip when trying to fasten it with tape at the top of the stick.

9. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF Super Star

I have started a subscription model for chamois grips, £10 for 2 grips (includes shipping), £20 for 4 grips and a roll of tape (again shipping included). you can get it either every 6 months or 12 months.
    Use code FHF10 to save 10%. What other grips would you like to see as an option? Im trying to work out how to have a grip box with lots of grips in for people to try.