Review Gryphon Tour Deuce 2 2013

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Craig Boyne, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Craig Boyne

Craig Boyne FHF Legend

Sorry, for the repost, I accidentally put this in the wrong section I think...

First off the blocks. I'm a sponsored Gryphon player. I also work for them. This review however, is my own thoughts and opinions.

[​IMG]

So this is exciting stuff. The new year brings new gear and Gryphon have pulled out all the stops to remain the leading hockey brand. In this review I'll be having a look at my 2013 Gryphon Tour Deuce II. I'll do the small stuff first. The paint job is slick as it incorporates a gloss back and mat front. It's an interesting contrast of main colours, with the red background with neon green writing and orangey-yellow stripes. But enough about that, it's what the stick does for you on the pitch that really matters!

[​IMG]

It's the same mould as last year so nothing to worry about there if you have just become comfortable with the D2. There is a hidden surprise though, there has been some reinforcement within the inside edge of the stick (the area used for reverse stick shots) and along the inside of the head curve. This hasn't changed the shape or weight of the stick, but has strengthened it massively, and you can really feel confident that the goal keepers will be jumping out of the way when you line up the the 'tomma' shot.

[​IMG]

My drag flick has been steadily getting better, with a big thanks to this weapon. I'll post up some videos when the snow melts and the pitch thaws out a bit! As usual, this low bow excels at maximising your drag flick. With the reasonably abrupt change in stick angle, your release has that extra bit of juice on it as you can get that golden 'click' sound when the ball rolls off the end. Those flickers among you will know what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

The feel of the stick has been top level. When you look at how stiff the stick is compared to EVERY single other stick on the market, you can't believe that you're going to get much response from a hit. But with the silicon sleeve technology incorporated in the grip of the stick, vibrations are reduced, increasing your feel on the ball. Let's not kid around though, this stick is built for power, so you're not going to get as much feel as something like a Gryphon Taboo, but it's much better than expected. I'm more than happy to do the short skills with this mould, getting under the ball on either the flat side or reverse is easy-peasy, with a sharp edge on the flat and a tapered tip of the head on the reverse side.

I think I've covered it all now. If you've got any questions feel free to post a comment, or ask me on Twitter @Craig_Boyne

PlacidCasual likes this.
  2. Izazflick

Izazflick FHF Newbie

So blue steel has a greater feel??

3. John

John FHF Legend

that would be the $1,000,000 question.

4. Izazflick

Izazflick FHF Newbie

Okay then john

5. Craig Boyne

Craig Boyne FHF Legend