Help!! Obo Cloud Kicker straps

Discussion in 'Goalie's Zone' started by randa23, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Offline

randa23

Message Count:
    Hi guys, i have been a goalkeeper for 5 years now and i have always used my schools yahoo kit. Now that i am more experienced i have bought my own cloud kit. It arrived this morning and the kickers were not already assembled. They came with all the straps but i have no idea how to put the straps on. Could anyone help or point me in the direction of a video which could show me??

Thanks

randa23

:baffled:
  2. Offline

LizGK FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    New kit! Exciting times!

You have 2 sets of 2 straps for the width of your kickers and then 2 sets of straps with buckles for the length right?

The 2 smaller straps for the width go round the groove that's closest to where your toe would go, the 2 longer ones go round the groove in the middle of your kicker. (once these are around and done up you should see a shape to your kickers!)

You'll want to thread the straps with the buckles that go round to the back of your kicker through either the front (smaller straps) or the middle ones...I can't remember which off the top of my head, but maybe try both and see which seem to fit better!

You'll want to pull all straps as tight as possible and do them up as tight as possible so they gain some shape!

Get a hairdryer to soften the foam on the tongues of your kickers, bend the tongue forward, then get a belt and wrap it round the kicker/tongue, pull that tight so it holds the tongue down. You'll then want to put a can or something similar in where your foot would go and leave them for a good few days, that way they'll gain their shape!
  3. Offline

LizGK FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    Where I've said the 2 smaller straps...2 longer straps etc I mean only 1 of each on each kicker...obviously...but thought I'd state the obvious just incase!
  4. Offline

Jonty FHF Legend

Message Count:
    You should search the forum, you'll find lots of advice, instructions and even pictures of how best to set them up (sonthey retain shape, don't rub and avoid splitting).

Some of this will be in the November sale threads, but the search should reveal them.