Hockey Help in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada' started by EmilyMasse, Feb 14, 2011.

1. EmilyMasse

EmilyMasse FHF Newbie

Hi-
    I'm a 20 year old university student, and I am interested in learning how to play field hockey.
    So far I've had no luck finding somewhere in my area where I can drop in/join and learn...so I am looking for someone to teach me the basics so I can get on a rec team!
    I currently live in Maple Ridge, but am willing to travel to a field within the Lower Mainland (Around Vancouver)

Emily

2. keely

keely FHF Legend

Good news, you're in the absolute hub of field hockey in Canada. Check out Field Hockey BC's website and the Leagues and Clubs pages. Those should get you what you need.

3. gk4life

gk4life FHF Regular Player

Keely is right! BC is the hotbed for field hockey here in Canada! Definitely check out FHBC's website and ask around. I know UBC and UVic have field hockey clubs at the schools, (like intramural teams from what I have been told from friends who are there), so ask around at school too. I am sure you can find rec teams to play with outside of school as well. Sometimes clubs put on clinics to give people a chance to see what is like and a bit of coaching at the same time. Maybe you can find one of those at a local club or two as well.