Hockey Pitch Diagram (.pdf, .tif, .gif)

Discussion in '(Archived) Hockey Chit-Chat' started by UmpireHockey.com, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Offline

UmpireHockey.com FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    I'm making some training materials and am in need of a PDF or a TIF or GIF (or other art file) of a diagram of a hockey pitch (FIH lines only). I drew one that is "okay" but it isn't to perfect scale.

Thanks (I hope!)...Cris
  2. Offline

keely FHF Legend

Message Count:
    Okay, I whipped one up for you. I've been meaning to do this for myself for a while.

Attached Files:

3. Offline

NicfromSweden FHF Staff

Message Count:
    keely there is a longcorner mark but whats the mark to the right of the long corner mark? i have never seen this before
  4. Offline

keely FHF Legend

Message Count:
    It's just a secondary indicator of the 15m/top of the circle - so those crazy out players can line up their 15m hits.
  5. Offline

NicfromSweden FHF Staff

Message Count:
    okay i see i still have not seen them used not even in the world cup or am i wrong?
    is this a mark that is really new or optional?
  6. Offline

controller FHF Legend

Message Count:
    :eek: there are used all the time on pitches to help line up the hit out from the 16 yard line or in metric 14.63.............

maybe Nic it is that you never get over to the point on a pitch and never seen them lol
  7. Offline

Paul Watts FHF Legend

Message Count:
    rofl nosebleed Nic?
  8. Offline

NicfromSweden FHF Staff

Message Count:
    ohh god i had a look at the pictures from russia and we did have those marks there
    i cant belive i have never seen them
  9. Offline

keely FHF Legend

Message Count:
    Cris, please clear out your Inbox, I cannot send you a reply PM.

Here is the content of what I said:

I literally did a screen capture of the pitch diagram from the online Rules of Hockey (page 48). I made it as big as I could, and buffed out the measurements for you. I could resave it as a TIFF but it would still be 965 x 595. I'm sure you could do the same on your end.

I have a .pdf which is a scan of a sheet from a coaching board that's only about 2/3 of a 8.5x11" page. I've emailed it to you.

Otherwise, that's all I've got.
  10. Offline

David_Underdown

Message Count:
    There is an image in the Wikipedia article, but it also has the measuremnts marked in (and it's a .svg). however, all measuremtns are still given in imperial (possibly less of an issue for you), and I think it's slightly outdated in one or two of the markings that are shown.
  11. Online

Kilmory Administrator

Message Count:
    The goal always looks so small on these pitch diagrams. Why does it feel so big when you are in it? :( rofl
  12. Online

Diligent FHF Staff

Message Count:
    I stumbled across Hockey Pitch Dimensions on the England Hockey downloads page, and remembered this thread.

Taking a closer look it is the diagram from Rule Books 1997 to 2001, showing metric dimensions at one end of the pitch and imperial at the other. Maybe not quite what you need Cris - Americans prefer feet to yards don't they?