Hockey regions France

Discussion in 'Le hockey en français' started by Louise McKie, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Louise McKie

Louise McKie FHF Newbie

Hey,
    I'm wondering what regions of France hockey is most popular in? Trying to organise a tour and want to know where might have the most choice for competition and good water-based pitches. any info appreciated!
    Merci :)

2. Craig Boyne

Craig Boyne FHF All Time Great

Go up north. Some great clubs around there, the largest and strongest being Lille, but you've got a whole bunch to drive around to. Le Torquet etc. You can also then just duck into Belgium who have some teams just over the border who are very strong

3. jaduong

jaduong FHF Legend

4. Ali

Ali FHF Regular Player

North, or around Paris who have CFP, PJB and St Germain all reasonably close together :)

5. charles

charles FHF Newbie

Field hockey in France is mostly played in the north and around Paris.
    The clubs engaged in the top French league must play on water based pitches.
    The top 5 French clubs are : Saint Germain HC (near Paris), Lille MHC (in the north), Racing Club de France (near Paris), Montrouge (near Paris) and Lyon (in the south).
    As Craig said, by touring in the north, you'll be able to find club in Belgium that plays pretty well. Belgian top league is actually better than French league.

6. Sophie Barnwell

Hi , my names Sophie. I am 19 years old and am playing at a high level of hockey in Ireland. I also represented my country inter-provincially. I am looking to find a job in France for the summer and would love if I could play some hockey over there also. Do the French play hockey during the months of June and July and if so , what clubs?? Thanks

7. charles

charles FHF Newbie

Hello Sophie.
    In general, the official seasons finish in june. So trainings in my club also stops in june and there are no trainings during summer holidays (july august).
    You may think first where you'd like to work and then found out a club in the area.