Hockey Shoes

Discussion in 'Other Gear Questions & Reviews' started by BossFHockey, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Craggsy

Craggsy Beikou Hockey founder
    FHF Moderator

Well those are miles better than the current designs!

2. Jammin

Jammin FHF Top Player

• What shoes do people wear?
    I'm currently sporting a pair of Grays G6000 that I bought for about £18 from their clearance shop on ebay.
    • How long should shoes last
    At least a year, ideally 2 depending on frequency of use (like most club players I'm only on the astroturf twice a week)
    • How much are you willing to pay for shoes?
    My limit is £50, years ago you could get some good quality for that price but alas no more. Still, if I continue playing on atrocious sandboxes then I don't feel much compulsion to spend big on a better shoe.
    • What is most important to you when looking at shoes?
    Traction, comfort, durability, support for heels and ankles (loved my Adidas Kanadia 3s from years ago that had a huge padded sole under the heel, really helped alleviate my plantar fasciitis back then).

3. BlindGoalie613

BlindGoalie613 FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Beikou Drag 90
    Pity they removed the best part of the typhoon, which was the sole :(

4. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

The new grays has a VERY similar sole to the old typhoon.

The new typhoon is mostly the same as the old neo.

BossFHockey likes this.
  5. Martin Clarke

Martin Clarke FHF Newbie

I’m wearing Joma Top Flex, very comfortable but not much protection as the leather is really soft. Grip isn’t too bad either. Sub £50

6. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Actually bought these for this very reason. The difference I had was that the top of the show was very flexible, which didn't contrast favourably with the well padded/supported upper and ankle on the Asics. Wasn't a big fan of the sock design either.

So I've packed out my old typhoons. Best shoe previously on the market. Unfortunately I don't think they have another season in them despite still being structurally sound. Made a mistake wearing them indoor when I forgot other shoes and completely sheared off the grip on the hard floor. Still hoping I stumble across something somewhere. There's a ladies pair allegedly in my size in amazon (43.5?), but I don't know if there's something weird going on there.

7. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Adidas DF24, Beikou Drag 90, This would be quite a list for all of them....
    Ladies fits are usually a lot narrower. Just be aware if your looking to buy the women's pair

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8. Ben267

Ben267 FHF Starter

What shoes do people wear?
    Adidas Lux shoes, previously an Asics man, thought I would try Adidas as they tend to be a bit lighter

How long should shoes last?
    I would hope for 2 seasons but one will do

How much are you willing to pay for shoes?
    I would pay up too £120 / Within reason if the shoes are good quality and have longer lasting grip than the small studs on the new adidas! They seem to wear out really quickly and I ONLY use them on the pitch (I wear trainers to and from the car/ changing rooms).

What is most important to you when looking at shoes?
    Lightweight, breathable, good grip....coming in after that, some sort of waterproofing and protection but protection isn't high on my current shoes (Adidas Lux).

9. Brownie79

Brownie79 FHF Starter

What shoes do people wear? Currently a pair of TK T1's that I got a good deal on
    How long should shoes last? For my usage at least 2 seasons
    How much are you willing to pay for shoes? Up to $150 AUD
    What is most important to you when looking at shoes? Given my feet seem to attract hockey balls I like something with a bit of protection.

Any suggestions on a shoe with good protection that has a wide fit? Most of the hockey shoes I've tried haven't had a particularly wide fit unfortunately.