hockey trading cards

Discussion in '(Archived) Hockey Chit-Chat' started by NicfromSweden, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Offline

NicfromSweden FHF Staff

Message Count:
    hi just for fun i tryed to search for "landhockey" (fieldhockey) on a swedish trading site and i found fieldhockey trading cards
    [IMG]
    these are signed and everything by Britta von Livonius, Janine Beermann and Martina Heinlein
    i have never seen anything like this before have you?
    they cost around 5 euro + shipping and they sell to international buyers so if anyone is intressted
    http://www.tradera.com/auction/auction.aspx?aid=62744148
    i would but them if i knew where to get more cards and it would be fun to be able to get players from other nations as well
  2. Offline

Oli FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    Hi Nic,

I've seen the German players have cards like these and sign them (Natasha Keller and Fanny Rinne were getting through plenty) They were giving them out at the women's World Cup in Spain a few years ago.

England Hockey produced a card of the women's England team, which all the players pictured signed... But this was reproduced and I'm assuming those ones were actually signed by the players.
  3. Offline

johncoxon FHF Legend

Message Count:
    Yep. The Usa national team has them and they sign them. Be nice if EH Hockey did the same.
  4. Offline

NicfromSweden FHF Staff

Message Count:
    it would be nice if all hockeyfederations could agree to use the same style so you could collect players from different countrys like in iceockey cards
  5. Offline

TOTC FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    You could get field hockey players in the Upper Deck 1996 Olympic set, and there were field hockey players in the massive Canadian Olympic set of that same year.

Field hockey players could also be found in the Sports Illustrated For Kids die-cut sets (such as 1984 Olympian Sheryl Johnson).
  6. Offline

Hargo14

Message Count:
    Don't know about cards but i recently helped at a hockey festival and they were giving away packs of stickers with famous hockey players on them from all around the world. They had name, age, country and a picture and flag thing on each.
    You could get basically any country that played and most of the players but admittidaly there were more english ones than any other country.
  7. Offline

redumpire FHF Legend

Message Count:
    I've got a fantastic set of playing cards that were produced by the Dutch Hockey Federation (KNHB) a few years ago, that I was given by a Dutch TD (Frank van 't Hek) at a tournament. They feature famous Dutch players and umpires from down the years. They were a nice gift.
  8. Offline

KarenOdye

Message Count:
    Well I am looking for hockey trading cards Is there anyone that may be able to help me out?