Matador hockey Sticks

Discussion in 'Adverts' started by ALI_STEWART, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Offline

ALI_STEWART

Message Count:
    Hi Guys

I have been playing with the matador sticks for the last 3 months now and to be honest they are the best sticks i have used in a long time. The balance and feel of stick is amazing and the power is even better. I use the Mx-95 which has an extreme amount of power when hitting the ball and has a solid touch.

I would recomend these sticks to anyone at any level of play. If you want to have a look at the sticks yourself heres a link to there page.

www.az-techsports.co.uk

If anyone has any questions give us a post and al get back to you.

Thanks
    Ali.
  2. Offline

Tremo FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    Massive plug....so you both sponsored then? Or distributors of some sort lol :rolleyes:
  3. Offline

Goalie64 FHF Legend

Message Count:
    First post (and I'm going to be a cynic) and say maybe their only post (given it was back in November last year) from Ali to big up a manufacturer/distributor.

Then the third post from Jack - whose second post was :
    2 General Hockey / Equipment Review & Questions / Types of stick e.g Megabow, jumbow etc on: March 13, 2011, 11:55:28 AM
    Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding the appropriate type of stick that would be useful to me. I usually play right mid but can be asked to play in defence aswell. I'm practicing drag flicks, reverse hits and scoops. Is there a type of stick that would be suitable for me
    ?

Now, I just find myself asking - why was he asking about a new stick 6 weeks ago when he, in his own words, had been using "the best stick he's ever had" since the end of January.

Also - bit of a coincidence that both posters are from the same town in which a certain sports shop is based.

Now - absolutely nothing wrong with posting that you like a stick, but I have to have my suspicions as to whether there has been some incentive for these guys to do so.
    As to the shop, I had previously posted that I wouldn't buy from them (no physical address or landline at the time, and website with almost nothing there). As those issues have now been resolved, they are back on my list of places to consider.
  4. Offline

Tremo FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    Just tried to google Matador to get a look at them and they are going at buy one get one free at the moment, £90 for 2 sticks.

Where are you playing JackS94?
  5. Offline

JackS94 FHF Starter

Message Count:
    I'm playing in aberdeenshire. For a team called Ellon. But this is my last season for them.
  6. Offline

Wideload FHF Newbie

Message Count:
    I missed the memo announcing Glasgow and Aberdeenshire to be the same town! :p
  7. Offline

Goalie64 FHF Legend

Message Count:
    IIRC at the time Jack's location was listed as being Glasgow.

Regardless of that, it is considered poor to praise something without mentioning you have a financial incentive for so doing.
  8. Offline

JackS94 FHF Starter

Message Count:
    my apologies, i'm new to the forum scene lol
  9. Offline

Down_Under_Wonder FHF Newbie

Message Count:
    Where on earth did you find them 2 for 95?
  10. Offline

jaduong FHF Legend

Message Count:
  11. Offline

Tremo FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    When i clicked on the link in the OP at the beginning of May i went through to the sticks page and it said the MX-90 was £90 buy one get one free. Its now £89.99 so even cheaper!!
    Cant find the mx-95 as mentioned in the OP anywhere on the website though.
  12. Offline

jaduong FHF Legend

Message Count:
    i just saw my first matador in the flesh today evening. an MX-70 or something like that. the balance was very head heavy..not my thing at all, but it was a decent enough stick.
    i wonder if one could get the store could get in touch with Awan sports and find out whether sticks with higher balance points could be made available as a custom option...
  13. Offline

phrack FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    The MX series is their old range AFAIK. Their new ranges that I have tried have a higher balance point and a balanced pickup.
  14. Offline

mspice61 FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    I have a Matador MX-70 which has a middle weighted balance point. Not sure whether that is just standard to their 'the swerve' model