Michael Nobbs New Coach for India

Discussion in 'India' started by Pesty jnr, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Pesty jnr

Pesty jnr FHF Newbie

I am pleased to see one of our club coaches and fellow team mate get the big job. I an interested to the reaction to Michael Nobbs appointment. Typical of Michael, he has driven a clever deal with a 5 year contract. That should give him some leverage. Michael will certainly have lots of ideas from the Australian Coaches manual and having seen close up the sort of thing that Charlesworth has been doing. How much of that he can put into place will be fascinating. The discussion in these boards has generally been about the tough behind the scenes politcs that has dogged Indian hockey. I will watch closely to see how Nobbs copes with the rough and tumble of the subcontinent. Good luck Michael!
    The only down side for me is I have to find a new centre half for my veterans team!

2. AdityaMookerjee

AdityaMookerjee FHF Newbie

He seems very, very, impressive. Dr Charlesworth must be very good too. Dr Charlesworth wanted to overhaul the Indian Hockey structure. For India to emulate Australia, there has to be an artificial grass pitch in every district. Indian's learn to play on grass. Many talented hockey players in India, learn on grass. If those who could only play on grass, could not play hockey, then India would not have a talented pool of players. India's talent comes from those people, who do not have the opportunity to play on artificial grass.