NCAA Hockey

Discussion in 'United States' started by BlueShamrock, Nov 5, 2014.

1. BlueShamrock

BlueShamrock FHF Newbie

Hey guys,

Over the last couple of years I've been developing an interest in the NCAA field hockey. I was just wondering having not seen it before would people with more knowledge than me say the sport on the women's side is on the rise in America?

Like the tournament seems great. Lots of teams, lots of talent both American and international, the facilities look great. Has this always been the way or something recent?

I coach at a reasonably high level domestically and would one day love to experience coaching at the collegiate level over in the US. A few players I've coached play or have played there and it just looks like a different level of preparation.

I'd be happy to hear anyone's thoughts on it or what their experience of it has been.

Cheers

2. garli

garli FHF Staff

Have you been watching streaming games on line?

3. BlueShamrock

BlueShamrock FHF Newbie

I haven't been. Unfortunately the time difference makes it difficult but I have been reading the reports and keeping track of the results. Do you know of a good place to stream matches from?

4. garli

garli FHF Staff

A bunch of the schools have links to where you can stream the games - or conferences. Like the league champs mostly had video I was able to watch (but I'm in America, I don't know if you can access the video from all over the world) directly from their website.

As the tournament progresses they have the matches on ncaa.com. I think you can still see some of the games from last year.

5. BlueShamrock

BlueShamrock FHF Newbie

Really? That's great. I've used that site a decent bit to just follow the scores and stats but didn't know there was video shown from it. I'll check that out now.

Are you supporting anyone in particular or just a neutral?

6. garli

garli FHF Staff

I just like to watch games. I have some friends who went to and work at U Conn so they're super fans, so it's fun how excited they get but otherwise nah. I guess I'll support Stanford as the only California school but that's kinda a cop out.

7. garli

garli FHF Staff

Too bad there's multiple games on at once.[​IMG]

8. BlueShamrock

BlueShamrock FHF Newbie

Haha that is a sweet little set up! :)

Huge result from Albany!! Think they can go further?

Cuse and UNC up against each other again should be interesting as well. I'm hoping for a Cuse V UConn final.

9. garli

garli FHF Staff

Honestly I'm just excited to be able to watch the games. I always like a underdog so that makes Albany fun to root for, plus I hate orange so any team in orange is easy to root against.

10. garli

garli FHF Staff

11. BlueShamrock

BlueShamrock FHF Newbie

Thanks for the link. I managed to catch the second half of the final.