New Canadian Men's National Team Coach

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Hi5, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Hi5

Hi5 FHF Newbie

Alan Brahmst has been announced as the new Canadian Men's National Team Coach. From what I have heard there are mixed feelings about this decision. Any thought's on the pro's and con's regarding this decision? I am not very familiar with Brahmst though he has been praised on the fieldhockey.ca web site, obviously.

2. dilip-tirkey

dilip-tirkey FHF Newbie

is this decision good for tHE GUBBAR?

3. Adam Dwyer

Adam Dwyer FHF Newbie

this is great news for The Gubbar!! finally a coach that doesnt believe in passing... the Gubbar is now able to run free and go end to end ... just what the Canadians need to with the World Cup!

4. Hi5

Hi5 FHF Newbie

I don't know if "the gubbar" is even an issue, regardless of the coach. How can any coach not take him as a forward line member when seeing him play even once? He is without a doubt, regardless of what people think of his style or if they call him lazy, one of the top 3 forwards Canada has to offer and quite possibly the best one on one player. Even if he does not compliment a coaches style it would be ridiculous to not take him based on his on ball performance alone.

The real issues are what Brahmst will bring to change the style or refine the style of play the team has because that, along with the authority of the coach, is clearly more of an issue then something so dragged out as 'the gubbar.'

Should Brahmst promote more of a youth movement?

5. sneakpeak

sneakpeak FHF Newbie

December 11, 2008

Job Opportunity: Men's National Coach

Field Hockey Canada is searching for the next full-time head coach of the men's national field hockey team. All interested applicants should send their cover letters and resumes to the national office no later than 16 January 2009.
    The qualified applicant is expected to start by 1 March 2009.

For the detailed job description and contact information please visit the job opportunities section of the FHC website.
    -----------
    Does anybody know if this is a "political" announcement (meaning FHC already has the new coach signed up), or that FHC is truly looking for a new Men's coach? When Alan was introduced as the (2nd) interim coach it was stated that "Alan's appointment is in line with Field Hockey Canada's commitment to an innovative "Made in Canada" approach for developing the sport by leveraging and building on the existing expertise of our Canadian resources". I'm assuming they'll be looking for a Canadian coach first, before extending the search overseas.

6. keely

keely FHF Legend

I could have sworn that yesterday there was a notice on the Dutch Hoofdklasse website advertising for the position as well, but I can't see it now.

7. dilip-tirkey

dilip-tirkey FHF Newbie

I heard a rumour that Mark Pearson and Russel Bissett hhave accepted contracts to play in the top league in Russia....according to my sources post players are playing for Dynamo Kazaan???? ??? Any truth to these rumours?? What does this mean for the Gubbar??
    PS- :eek: Jeewan Baath has been spotted training his flick with Wayne, Connor and Abbas- HE LOOKS AMAZING!!!!111!! :yes: