New lhp advice

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by nemo, Dec 6, 2017.

1. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

After some lhp advice , looking for a new one , have a obo hi rebound ( back up ) which is ok , a battered gcp01 that I love but is probably needing replacing, did but another Gcp01 but as per a review I did just wasn't for me and couldn't get on with it.
    Looking to get a new lhp in the new year so thinking the Mercian / tk / possibly even brabo just wondering what the non obo users think of their gear ?

2. keeper2234

keeper2234 FHF Starter

I use Obo currently but have had experience with the Mercian LHP in several games and trainings and I think it is very very good. Would recommend

3. Beardymanbristol

Beardymanbristol FHF Legend

I've switched to Mercian after my Monarch lost rebound (took 3 seasons so not too bad i suppose) and there's very little difference. There's maybe a touch less rebound but not enough to make a difference in a game. The strap helps to keep it on (although might not be needed for shovel handed peeps) which is nice extra.

4. Beardymanbristol

Beardymanbristol FHF Legend

I still have my Monarch LHP so if you wanted to borrow my Mercian for a game you're more than welcome.

5. biggoaly

biggoaly FHF Newbie

I’ve used the TK its a brilliant Glove, very nice fit and I’m in love with the Domed Palm, it’s great because that is where I aim to make the majority of my Glove saves so it absolutely pings off due to the amount of Foam, it’s also a light & tight fitting which is great because that’s what I look for. But I’ve also heard nothing but good things about the Brabo & am hoping to switch upto that sometime soon!

6. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    Back when I used the Mercian Xtreme Gloves I couldn't have been happier they lasted for a good while too, not tried the Pro so will leave that to someone else to comment on. Brabo Super Prof Catch has amazing rebound but is a bit awkward to get used to and leans itself a lot towards a reactive keeper (Vanasch) than a proactive keeper (Vogels.) TK I haven't tried the latest range but it doesn't seem to change that much the Compact glove I have currently use is dog muck, the soft domed one looks fairly ok.

Out of the three of them buying blind, I'd probably go Brabo Super Prof Catch (especially if they can put a Welsh dragon in the palm!) as it's closer to what I like in a glove. However Mercian still do the Evolution gloves like the old Xtremes so that would always be an option

7. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

you want a picture of Leanne Wood on your LHP?

8. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    Now that's something that would strike fear into any strikers black heart!

Untitled-1.jpg

#8 AndyGaut, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  9. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Evo pro was very light with good rebound. It has it's downside that I found anything I didn't catch square on the palm dropped away a little, and that anything that hit the wrist area was very sore. Great once I got used to it, though it's currently sitting in the back of the car not getting used (been used about 10 times, should you have any interest).

10. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

Frightful!

11. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

12. NSW

NSW FHF Newbie

I wrote recently about the Brabo Super Prof having bought the F1 set as an alternative to Obo

I would agree that it’s a great product. The domed inner holds the palm and the rebound is fantastic.

It doesn’t sit as far up the arm as Obo but is light and easy to use. I would agree with andygaut, probably more for the reactive, but definitely worth a try