New rule changes implemented

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Descartes, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Descartes

Descartes FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Monarch GCP01
    http://www.scottish-hockey.org.uk/2014/january-2014/new-rule-changes.aspx

So Scottish Hockey have announced that the own goal rule will be repealed from 1st Feb rather than waiting until the end of the season. Seems an odd decision to me, I would have thought the logical option would have been to wait until the end of the season, I think it might cause some confusion with a change in the rules from one game to the next. Essential to make sure everyone knows about it

Interesting to see what the effect of allowing playing the ball above the shoulder will be. I agree with implementing it in NL1 and 2, but from what I saw in NL3 last year I am wary that it could cause quite a few dangerous moments, same with C2.

2. ScottishDonald

ScottishDonald FHF Legend

I think it's a good idea to remove the rule now rather than later actually and I think this playing above the shoulder experiment isn't going to be too bad, as it does state "It remains the responsibility of the umpires to ensure the safety of all involved." so I would be treating it like before if there's any chance of there being danger.

3. ScottishDonald

ScottishDonald FHF Legend

Although I can see this leading to arguments with lower league umpires who do not keep up to date with the rules...