Oakley GK Kit

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by GK13, Jul 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Beardymanbristol

Beardymanbristol FHF Legend

I think my kit leaks toxic fumes..... :D

2. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

That's the fumes you inject .......

3. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Adidas DF24, Beikou Drag 90, This would be quite a list for all of them....
    @Simon_GK_Mason I will ask them if someone wants to make a list of cause for concern questions, im not super knowledgeable about gk equipment further then how to put it on and some tell tale signs of problems with it.

CrazyDoesntFeelPain likes this.
  4. GoalieGuy

GoalieGuy FHF Top Player

If you've ever browsed any Asian hockey sites basically all this gear is available they have just stuck their logo on and hiked the price up saying that though I'm "sponsored" by Oakley hockey so may see what they say about me trying this kit

5. CrazyDoesntFeelPain

CrazyDoesntFeelPain FHF Reserve Player

Have you had chance to try much of their stuff yet? My stick arrives tomorrow (after some delay). I've seen remarks about the trade-off between OBO and unknown brands not being worth the negligible price difference and wondered if it had any weight to it...

6. Boots1994

Boots1994 FHF Reserve Player

I have the Oakley stick, kickers, leg guards and gloves. I'm sponsored by them. I'm admittedly disappointed. The kit is made in india despite the flag on it, first use both buckles on the backs of the kickers broke and one on the leg guards, I contacted Oakley directly and they said theyd send out some replacements for me, this was 5 weeks ago and nothing has arrived and now Oakley aren't replying to my emails, facebook messages and instagram messages (ive tried every way I can think of to contact them). Its such a pity because the kit is super comfy and stop shots really well.

7. CrazyDoesntFeelPain

Get hold of them in the most public way possible. I had an issue with a stick I ordered from them being delayed at customs (but they hadn't thought to mention it...) I picked a well liked/commented post on facebook and asked where my stuff was then. They seem to be very Social-Media orientated, so having bad press in front of their crowd might stir up some action.

8. Boots1994

145 days later and I'm still waiting, I feel it may be time to give up and accept its not coming...

9. CrazyDoesntFeelPain

Have you parted with cash?

10. Boots1994

Yes, and I technically did receive items, just not the right ones as 'mine were stuck in customs' so they sent out alternative leg guards until mine arrived, and then when I contacted then they said they'd send mine out when they eventually arrived along with some other bits and bobs as an apology for messing it up (also said they'd send new straps as both the kicker buckles broke within 2 weeks of normal use and one of the leg guard straps was broken on delivery)

11. scotty1

scotty1 FHF Regular Player

145 days to make, process and deliver an order is totally unacceptable, especially considering they have stopped communication with you. Be as public and as blunt as possible to see if you got anywhere. You have paid for a product and service, you have not received it and you have the right to complain about it.

What I will also say is it doesn't totally surprise me that a company which has BLATANTLY copied the gear made by another manufacturer doesn't have the best quality control or business practices and in future you may wish to look elsewhere for gear, given your current predicament and that of others.

Have you enquired as to what is keeping this equipment at customs?

12. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Social media postings are your friend - They'll either soon take action or soon block - Then you can take further legal action :)

13. Boots1994

Yeah, I currently communicate with the owner via facebook messenger because that's the only way I've been able to get a response, and it gives me the ability to see if/when he has read the message.

6th of October he got in touch/replied saying that my kit had been incorrectly printed (wrong initials) so they were getting another set made, and at the same time he offered to send me a free tshirt, bag, cap and helmet.

9th November, he told me that the kit would be dispatched from the factory (I believe in India) the following Wednesday and apologised for the delays and went on to say that he thought I has/was going to be given around £700 of free stock (I have no idea where this number has come from)

27th November, confirmation that things had been shipped and as soon as it arrived they would send it to me along with 'freebies'

13th December, Still waiting...just contacted him again...

14. AndyGaut

AndyGaut FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    TK GK 1.1, OBO Fatboy, Malik Black Magic
    I would say to them after this long you are expecting a full refund and take your money elsewhere. The sticks are just old Grays moulds, the GK Kit is a cheap rip off of OBO's gear with dare I say it inferior foam. Also to top it off have worse customer service than a fictional company in Cloud Cocoland

scotty1 likes this.
  15. scotty1

Motion seconded. Sounds like you're being given a whole lot of excuses and promises but no action. Extremely disappointing considering you've actually paid not a whole lot less than actual obo gear costs.

#35 scotty1, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  16. scotty1

Now I am no expert in GBP, but that number is ludicrously high. 700GBP (of stock) is a LOT of money to be giving away. Thats enough for a set of obo HR LGs and kickers. I would be asking for clarification about that, because this is starting to sound fishy.

17. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

And who s paying the import duty tax ????

18. scotty1

I don't wish to speak for another person, but from what @Boots1994 said, this was gear going from the factory overseas to the distributor (oakley) before it came to boots, therefore you would expect that oakley hockey would be covering the import duty? Provided they aren't somehow hiding powdery substances or nuclear bombs in the gear, I can see no reason other than unpaid duty for why this would be stuck at customs?

19. nemo

nemo FHF All Time Great

Buying goods from abroad and importing I believe ( glad to be corrected ) levies a import tax a la the obo November sale issues ... if they addressed directly to player and not company I m guessing the bad ppl in the tax place will look for player too pay .....

20. scotty1

@Boots1994 can you clarify whether this consignment was being sent direct to you, or was it going to oakley and then they would send to you?