OBO body armour vs Protector

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by James0510, Feb 8, 2018.

1. James0510

James0510 FHF Newbie

Came across this OBO Robo body protector which is a bit like the OGO chest guard wondering if any one has one of these and if it is any good?
    I have attached the 2 chest guards I am used to the black and green one but am interested in what the orange one is.

Attached Files:

2. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

As you say, that looks like the super cheap ogo chest that you'll generally only find in old u11 kits. I don't think obo has made that style in anything but the cheapest foam they use. But the price doesn't look like it.

I can't see it on the verbunt site, my guess is it was just an error, an old link that has the wrong picture or something.

3. James0510

James0510 FHF Newbie

If you go on the verbunt site it’s in chest armour and is in the Robo range which makes it interesting as a pose to the normal OGO protector.

4. James0510

James0510 FHF Newbie

5. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

I missed it because I didn't notice there was 'body armour' and 'body protector' subheadings.

Looks like it's old stock (XL only, 1 remaining) and same for the cloud version with L only. Curious as to the foam thickness & density, and how old the stock is, because I don't recall obo having that availalble in australia at any time in the last 10+ years.

And no way I'd actually buy it when https://www.verbunthockey.nl/keepers/bescherming/body-armours/body-armour-obo-cloud-chest.html is 7 euro cheaper.

6. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

I wore it on several occasions.
    It'll stop most shots just fine. The fit, however....
    Like @sanabas said: get the cloud BA, It's better and cheaper.

7. James0510

James0510 FHF Newbie

I already have the cloud BA just was interested what I can across