OBO legguard Straps

Discussion in 'Goalie Zone' started by Bamhr67, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Bamhr67

Bamhr67 FHF Newbie

I just bought my first pair of OBO legguards. The straps were not connected to the buckles. I have tried connecting them like my old TK straps, but that is not correct. Can someone post a picture or video of how the straps attach to the buckles?

2. Waxy

Waxy FHF Legend

You might win the prize for the most random question on today's boards!

Unfortunately don't have access to my pads currently to send you a photo, but it's pretty simple. The buckle has a male end (with three prongs) and a female end (with a wide opening). The female end should be sewn to the strap already (for example see here: https://www.flickhockey.com/gb/straps/obo/obo-legguard-straps-all-models). On the male side (with the three prongs) there are two slots. The strap goes up the slot nearest the prongs, and down the one furthest away.

This link shows the buckle once it's threaded and the two sides are clipped back together: https://hfssport.com/collections/goal-keeping/products/obo-leg-guard-strap-set

It'll seem really loose and slippy when the buckle isn't clipped together (particularly on shiny new straps) so you might think you haven't done it right, but once you clip both sides of the buckle together it locks the whole thing down and is a fairly firm hold. After a bit of time the straps become less shiny as they wear in as well.

Bamhr67 likes this.
  3. Bamhr67

Bamhr67 FHF Newbie

Thank you for the quick response! I will try that when I get home from work.

4. Bamhr67

Bamhr67 FHF Newbie

Waxy, thanks for the help. The directions were easy to follow and I was able to tighten the straps just fine.