Osaka Pro Tour Bronze SL experience

Discussion in 'Which stick? (includes Stick Reviews)' started by MOFV, Sep 12, 2017.

1. MOFV

MOFV FHF Top Player

Hi,

I ordered a Osaka Pro Tour Bronze L from hockeygear.nl but received an model in weight super light (SL). The stick has 520g (so at the end of the weight scale which Osaka label as SL) and a balance point 39.0 cm. The stick feels light, but not too light. I am still undecided if I should return the stick for a stick in L. I like how it feels (I think this is the most important thing) but I am a little bit worried about too loose power of my hits due to a lighter stick and especially in regard to the durability of the stick (I think less weight means less material = not that durable than a heavier stick). How are your opinions and experience with Osaka and with other SL sticks?

Regards from Germany!

2. Rajulicious852

Rajulicious852 FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Mazon Slingshot XG, Mazon Hook LB
    I wouldn't worry about losing power, Osaka sticks hit like trains in general. The one time I used one, it was a reasonably light weight with a large sweet spot - just go with it and I'm sure you'll love it!

(Disclaimer - I'm a sucker for 520g sticks)

3. MOFV

MOFV FHF Top Player

@Rajulicious852 so no worries about durability of a SL (520g) stick? Wondering if superlight sticks will become the new standard? Maybe they are already and I missed it, because I am too old. I know for example from the Belgium internationals Thomas Brills and Cederic Charlier that they are using 550g sticks.