SA Women 2011 start-off

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by RoMaN, Jan 26, 2011.

1. RoMaN

RoMaN FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Grays GX8000 TT
    OK, I have to say, I'm SOOO sUPER proud of our SA ladies squad!! Kicking the season off with a BANG!
    Winning the 5 game tournament in JHB against Azerbaijan (4-0 .. one game draw 1-1)

And then, to top it off, winning against World Ranked number 4 team, China!! :eek: OH YES! :yes:

They still have a few games to go against China, and then they're throwing Belgium in the mix as well!

Holding thumbs for our girls... hoping they do AWESOMELY!!

keep track of their progress: http://sawomenshockey.com/

2. RobJ

RobJ FHF Top Player

Thanks for the update - nice to have someone on this forum keeping the rest of us in the news loop. :yes:

3. keely

keely FHF Legend

4. RoMaN

RoMaN FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Grays GX8000 TT
    **UPDATE**

The ladies WON the 6 games series against China 5-1 ! Well done to the ladies!! With the legendary, Pietie Coetzee in the D, who stands a chance :yes:
    BUT, let's not forget Dirkie Chamberlain, Sulette Damons and Kim Hubach who were some of the major goal scorers during the tournament! Mariette Rix, the brilliant SA goalie, also got her 100th cap during this tournament.

They are currently playing a tournament against Belgium in Bloemfontein. So far so good... leading the tournament 2-0

5. RobJ

RobJ FHF Top Player

Yeah Keely, I see the Tweats from the Twits, I see the Facebook updates, I read the FIH reports and the reports from SA Hockey World which are all very factual and authoritative - BUT there is just something else added by reading a biased, personal view of the game. :yes: :)

And apart from that I enjoy RoMan's comments!!!!

6. RoMaN

RoMaN FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Grays GX8000 TT
    hahaha, aw thanks RobJ! I appreciate it! lol

What can i say, when it comes to SA hockey... but more so, the SA Ladies squad... then I'm as biased as they come!

SA hockey hasn't had a lot of support in the past, and with Spar backing out as the main sponsor, we were verrrry concerned there for a while. BUT, they got new sponsors, new coaches and clearly a new desire for victory! Making me even more proud than usual!!! ;)

This is SA's year :yes: