Salomon Speedcross 3 Trail Shoes

Discussion in 'Other Gear Questions & Reviews' started by Stretch, Mar 22, 2013.

1. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

I don't even know what 'the shoe is quite clumpy' means. And I disagree about the laces. But the high stack height (29mm) and big heel drop is a reasonable criticism. Doesn't bother me, and I think most shoes are at least 20mm anyway, so it's not actually that much more. I intend to get a pair at some point this year.

2. asc1991

asc1991 FHF Top Player

Yep. Loads of people love the shoe, which is fair. I just didn't.

By clumpy I mean bulky. For me, I feel less stable, less agile, and generally less reactive in them. Obviously I know they're not designed for hockey.

Again, personally, I feel the lace toggle is fiddly and no easier than laces when you've tucked it away. My concern about the strength of the laces has no foundation other than how it looks and feels.

3. K•A•R•M

K•A•R•M FHF Newbie

If you're at all thinking of getting a pair of reccomend getting the SC4 rather than the SC3 as the sole is made of a harder rubber. Also the tread pattern is slightly different. Using my SC3 this year some of the half chevrons on the edge of the sole have torn off (apparently a common problem). The SC4 doesn't have any half chevrons so they don't tear off. Also being made of a harder rubber the sole lasts longer. (I won't be using my SC3 next season as the sole is too worn. Only had them one season too)

4. FastForward24

FastForward24 FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Beikou Low 70, Beikou Pro 10 Indoor
    I've just purchased my first pair of Salomans. However I went for the Speedcross Vario as the grip seemed better for both sand dressed and water based astros.

Been very impressed so far. I've had Kanadias in the past and for most of last season have used the Adidas Zone Dox. The Kanadias are ultra-light weight, but have no support or stability and the Zone Dox are heavy and not very comfortable. The Salomans have seemed to resolve all these issues!

5. João Resende

João Resende FHF Newbie

Hello to you all.

What about the protection of the SC4? When a ball hits your foot...it´s like hockey shoes?

6. sanabas

sanabas FHF All Time Great

It's obviously got less protection than a heavier, stiffer shoe like the Asics typhoon. Just depends what you want out of your shoe. I think the lower protection isn't that big a deal, as most balls to the foot aren't too bad even in a very light shoe, and a really solid hit is still going to hurt even in something from the most protective end of the range.

7. Jammin

Jammin FHF Top Player

Are trail shoes better for sandy pitches that get very slippy after a coating of rain?