Scottish Leagues 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Card-Happy, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

How is everybody feeling for the forcoming season now that its only just over a week away? Well for most teams anyway! we had St.Andrews Uni 1st so we get a weekend 'off' at the start.

Any predictions for Promotion/Relegation?

2. geriverstik50

geriverstik50 FHF Regular Player

Falkirk will be relegated lol

3. dita7mim

dita7mim FHF Starter

Who coaches Falkirk??

4. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

No one at the moment :no: Will see how we go (obvioulsy aiming for top 3 finish!)

5. haggis

haggis FHF Top Player

I think this year will be quite interesting... I think Gordonians are the obvious favourites having just come down, but there always seems to be a fair bit of movement amongst clubs in Aberdeen (at least is seems so from a distance). The A9 before a game in Inverness will be an interesting mental warp-up if nothing else!

6. CiaranCrawford

CiaranCrawford FHF Regular Player

The beach is no more! So if you're playing at Clydesdale there's no need for your buckets and deck chairs.

7. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

Excellent news CC! only bad news is Falkirk wont be playing you lot lol

Haggis, i too can't wait for the 3 Aberdeen treks this year. Will be all about mental toughness and who eats the most food on the way up :p

8. dita7mim

dita7mim FHF Starter

Falkirk dont have a coach ?????, to old boys too busy, Staff and AK to help these days ???? :eek:

9. Michael10

Michael10 FHF Starter

ouch - I hope not ;)

Staff is still too busy playing for any of that coaching malarkay, and AK has a young family, so isn't available (although we have asked).

10. dita7mim

dita7mim FHF Starter

Shame as the moody one is a excellent coach if he can control his head shaking and muttering with splaterings of multiple swear words....
    Staff must be like 150 years old so either a OAP or a jedi who live for like 1000 years.
    Does the AK still use the word TWALLY?????
    fUNNY MAN lol

11. cuptie

cuptie FHF Newbie

Hi there I'm new to the forum, play for Highland Hockey Club.

What did everyone think of the results yesterday? We were pretty pleased with our 4-2 victory over Uddingston in our first div 2 game!

12. haggis

haggis FHF Top Player

Welcome aboard! Goodstart to the season for you guys!

Eh, reasonable start for us result wise, though a bit of rustieness to be worked out... 7 could have been 17 (apparently we were in the opposition D 49 times!) and at least 2 of the goals were horrible to lose! Early days though!

@Ciaran, hows the mouth?

13. reversechop

reversechop FHF Regular Player

not sure about 17, but you looked to be picking up momentum early in the 2nd half. Couple of really good team goals.

cuptie, heard there was 11 cards in your game including a red. what was happening? dirty game?

14. hot shot viks

hot shot viks FHF Legend

My team had a horrendous start to the season

lost 11-4!

I only played half a game though, so it wasnt all my fault! ( getting myself in the team, one toe at a time!)
    Think it was a big step up for the girls, but we had a big, long chat about the game, and what needs to be improved so hopefully things will get better!

( would be better if I played a full match though! :p ) hehe!

viks

15. cuptie

cuptie FHF Newbie

Reversechop, don't think there was 11 cards but there were a few!
    Don't think it was a particularly dirty game but once the first green was brought out there was no going back. We recieved 3 greens for silly little things and one of our boys got a yellow and red. He admits he deserved the yellow for a bad tackle but when he recieved the red I think most people on the pitch were a bit confused as to why he got it.

Even so we were well chuffed with our win but we did lose our a captain with a dislocated shoulder in the first ten minutes! I know the pain he is in as I dislocated my hip last year!

16. haggis

haggis FHF Top Player

reversechop, yeh, probably not 17 literally, but the forwards will be getting a roasting on Tuesday I reckon! (if only from me! :p )

17. reversechop

reversechop FHF Regular Player

Yeah cuptie, that was one of our umpires. he does like to go to the cards if he's unsure of anything :rolleyes:
    you might get him a few more if he keeps annoying the umpiring co-ordinator.

Haggis, we were expecting a lot worse tbh. especially when a few went in in quick succession in the 2nd. can only think of one bad miss though. we were pleased to get a bit of momentum back towards the end, so hopefully carry some of that into next week.

18. haggis

haggis FHF Top Player

yeh, one of the guys mentioned a comment of 'it's only six, not that bad really' which I thought was pretty strange, especially with a pretty close game at your place 2nd half of last year...

what I heard from the Uddy/Highland game was that it was 'physical but not violent' but that the players seemed to pressurise the umps into a couple of the cards...

19. CiaranCrawford

CiaranCrawford FHF Regular Player

The mouth is fine mate thanks for asking, just ended up with some glue in it and swelling to about 3x the normal size. Kept me out of Saturday mind you! How was Thursday after I left?

20. haggis

haggis FHF Top Player

[avoids big mouth jokes...]
    Eh, got pretty busy for Jamie (2s keeper than I was swapping with) though I was relatively happy with my second spell, PF saves are always nice :D
    New pitch is great! The new Millerston will need a few months to settle I reckon but give me water over 'sand-dressed/hybrid' any day!!