Scottish Leagues 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Card-Happy, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Coach

Coach FHF Newbie

Gordonians won both games, they are the favorites of the competition? How about the players?. I've heard that the Spanish blonde player is very good, what do you think?'

2. dasmike

dasmike FHF Newbie

Double header this weekend for us. First home game of the season against Stirling Uni tomorrow, and then away to Giffnock on Sunday.

We had a friendly against Dundee Uni last weekend and they were looking very good. Not really lost anyone from last year, plus gained another player from Menzieshill 1s. Will be my pick to win National 3 this year.....as long as they've got their umpiring situation sorted out and don't get docked lots of points again!

3. haggis

haggis FHF Top Player

Looking like the Aberdeen teams will be strong in D2... I'm biased but I'd say it looks like a 4-way split for the top 2 spots.

Good luck away to Giffnock... (I'm a Stirling student so no luck offered there!:p) D3 looks pretty busy with a heap of double headers, will the Sundays affect teams or are most fairly consistent in team availability?

In D1 I fancy Western to bounce back against Grange, though that will effectively cut Kelburnes contenders to just Inverleith... Dale have surprised me so far, expected them to be in the 'mix'.

4. hockeyboss

hockeyboss FHF Newbie

Haggis

You were off beam with scores

Clydesdale and Western both pumped.

Are Inverleith contenders or have they just played poor teams??

5. haggis

haggis FHF Top Player

Yeh I've had a shocker! Made worse by the fact we lost to St Andrews Uni today as well! I give up!

In other news, new contender for the worst pitch in Scottish Hockey!

6. reversechop

reversechop FHF Regular Player

Watsons easily have the worst pitch in Scotland just now. ours is getting progressively worse though

7. CiaranCrawford

CiaranCrawford FHF Regular Player

We've not had the start we expected. Things can only go up really. 4-1 at the weekend and we were still in the game, Beefy had to go off at the start of the second half with concussion, didn't help our cause.

8. cuptie

cuptie FHF Newbie

We played Watsonians on Saturday and their pitch is like a beach there so much sand on it!
    Our pitch is decent but is excellent when it rains a bit!

9. hot shot viks

hot shot viks FHF Legend

I know the feeling.. have you ever played at windyedge hockey pitch in glasgow? Thats my home pitch and I end up looking like a sandcastle at the end of a training session! its unreal the amount of sand on it!

Think they should rename it to sandyedge! :sorry:

viks

10. hockeyboss

hockeyboss FHF Newbie

predictions this weekend in National 1?

Will kelburne continue to dominate

Ciaran - will c dale beat grange at home, confident?

Will wanderers lift themselves off the bottom of the table

11. CiaranCrawford

CiaranCrawford FHF Regular Player

Absolutely! Kelburne aside, every game we've played so far we've dominated and played well. And to be perfectley honest, if you're not confident going in to a game, you're no use at all.

12. BusStop

BusStop FHF Newbie

St. Andrews pitch (which is brand spanking new) is absolutely dire - even their boys are stuggling with it! Although I'd give ours a close second or third!

Shocking start to the season for the Uni Watsonians in the cup tomorrow..... not overly confident!

13. Roman Abramovich

Roman Abramovich FHF Starter

Disappointed to see Grange slip up today, hopefully Inverleith and Grange can maintain a challenge to Kelburne this year.

14. cuptie

cuptie FHF Newbie

Feelings about results today? Was impressed to see Clydesdale drawing with Grange, think Kelburne will be too difficult to stop.
    We were delighted with our 4-3 victory over Gordonians. Was a good game and I still think they will be up the top at the end of the season. Monarchs in the cup tomorrow, an early start for us!

15. hot shot viks

hot shot viks FHF Legend

I'm not too happy.. we got giffnock in the cup, for them to concede, but for them to go to the SHU to get the game rearranged for a wed night.. don't really think that's fair tbh!

I was under the impression that you couldn't re- arrange cup matches!

viks

16. withc57

withc57 FHF Newbie

Cheers for that lesson in how to play hockey today Ciaran, got yourself some nice goals. Wish our forwards would learn from the way you guys lead constantly, ah well..

Anyway well played and good luck for the season :)

17. cuptie

cuptie FHF Newbie

Viks: That has happened to our ladies team that I coach. Merlins Gordonians conceded the match but the shu want us to re-arrange it like it was our fault the game never went ahead!

18. hot shot viks

hot shot viks FHF Legend

I just don't see how you can re- arrange a cup match! if you can't play it then you concede!

Simple as!

So basically, we re arrange for when they have a full squad.. how is that fair?? Do you have to re arrange it for a weekday cuptie?

viks

19. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

Viks, ESM Ladies were due to play Kelburne in the cup but Kelburne conceeded (due to lack of players apparently-rumours) but again SHU has forced them to rearrange and its a Weds night also.

I am with you on this, if you conceede in the cup that should be that. No rearranging for the big teams to make sure they have a full team. These clubs have 3+ ladies teams so should be able to pull together 11 players. Wether they are good or not is irrelevent!

My lot got gubbed of Western! We mustve had 10 good chances to score and we didnt take any of them. Would have been alot closer otherwise. Western buried jsut aboout ever one of their chances. That and their movement off the ball puts them miles ahead of us.

Cupie, good result from you guys on sat, that keeps the league very tight still!

20. cuptie

cuptie FHF Newbie

Viks - I am not sure if our game has been rearranged yet or not. It is a bit of joke, our ladies have struggled for numbers in most of the matches this season but we have just used players from the seconds. I can't see our one being changed to midweek.

Cheers card-happy! Yeah it has kept the league quite tight at the top which I think is a good thing! I could hardly move in our cup game on Sunday because of the amount of running done on Saturday!