Season 14/15

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Tattie, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Tattie

Tattie FHF Newbie

Who's all looking forward to it?

Seems the SHU have changed the play off structures for the better...

2. Jammin

Jammin FHF Top Player

First training session of the new campaign tonight! We have a new coach so I'm not entirely sure what to expect.

3. Tattie

Tattie FHF Newbie

Ah nice. How did he/she get on? Feeling positive for the season?

4. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Good to see the playoffs have been changed. Grove going down last year was a travesty. Seems a short, short season for those finishing 5th and 6th though

5. Jammin

Jammin FHF Top Player

2 sessions in and it's been enjoyable so far, I'd forgotten how nice it is to have a coach who doesn't bollock you miscuing every pass you attempt :(

6. Tattie

Tattie FHF Newbie

Yeah really was a shame for Grove, however by pre-season looks of it their victors will be down next year anyways and they will be back up.

We have a new coach too and turns out professionalism and discipline were all we were missing. Along with fitness and skill ofcourse :p

7. CiaranCrawford

CiaranCrawford FHF Regular Player

I'd rather finish 5/6 and not have to play a nonsensical mini tournament at the end of a full league season like last year.

8. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

We are all over the place to be honest. St Andrews and Uddy are both playing well and ive not had the misfortune to play Grove yet. Although our 5-0 at the start of the season looks better as the weeks go by tbh! Still recovering from a torn shoulder so unfit(still) and rusty! only good thing is the weathers been decent!

9. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Grove is jokes. Averaging over 9 goals a game is incredible. Really makes last season look like even more of a farce. Not seen Uddy play this season, but Andrews are flying. Doing quite well in BUCS too.

Personally, we're beyond where we thought we'd be I reckon. Potentially go second in Nat 1 if we win both our games and Kelburne beat Grange. I don't know what the change has been from last season, but it seems having been able to keep a squad together has really helped us, and we're holding our own with the best sides in the league. The whole team is on a high, and I think everybody is looking to mount some kind of challenge on the top 4 playoff positions. First year back in the Scottish cup and we're in the quarters too, though it must be said our draw has been favourable.

Quite an exciting couple few weeks ahead going into the winter break though, that could really make or break our season. It's looking very very close up the top.

10. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

Im curious to see how Dundee Uni do tomorrow against Grove. Good to see Nat1 so tight at the top, just hope some teams can take points of Kelburne to try break the monopoly.