Season 15/16

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by CiaranCrawford13, Jul 10, 2015.

1. CiaranCrawford13

CiaranCrawford13 FHF Newbie

Any ideas on when the Nation League fixtures will be released?

2. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

First National League fixtures will be on the 12th, but beyond that I don't know any more than you do. I'd imagine they'll be released some time over the next two weeks to allow those responsible for fixtures to work their magic.

3. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

It's just a pity it's not the Englandshire national leagues we're talking about @careeman ;)

KJB32 likes this.
  4. careeman

careeman FHF Super Star

Didn't know there were any other leagues. ;)

5. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

All fixtures on Fixtures live and the full year compititions calandar is on the SH website. Be prepared to play sundays....ive got 9

6. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Aberdeen away first weekend, followed by a double header of Western and Grange. Really tough start, but if we can get through that with 7-9 points then we've a chance to define our season early on. Nothing to lose, really looking forward to it.

Looks like only two double headers at the moment, cup games obviously pending. That's important for us this year, we're playing down south for BUCS from this year onwards, so a series of double headers could be an absolute killer. We had a series of about 50 days where we played 22 games, which wouldn't have been sustainable this year with 5 hour coach journeys to games on a Wednesday.

Confident this year though. It'll be interesting to see how Kelburne react after being knocked off their perch last year. Uddingston look a strong outfit and Menzieshill are going to be decent. Looks like the league might be more competitive this year, with probably 7 teams harbouring realistic ambitions of finishing top 4.

7. CiaranCrawford13

Do we know any reason why there are so many Sunday games and double headers?
    We have two weekends off after the first set of fixtures. Seems pretty strange to me.

Who do you think the 7 teams looking to finish top 4 will be?

8. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

One of those weekends will be districts, so that's normal. Not sure why you would have two weekends off though.

I'd imagine all of Kelburne, Grange, Western, Gordonians, Uni, Clydesdale and Menzieshill will be looking at the league and thinking they can make it into that top 4. Uddingston are an unknown quantity, so nobody really knows what they'll be capable of. I'll rule out Hillhead at the moment, but they will have Callum Duke back, and they managed to hit top 4 two years ago, so who knows what might happen? It certainly looks tighter at the top this year, and while I'd call Kelburne and Grange to be involved in the playoffs at the end of the year, I think any of the teams mentioned above are probably capable of beating each other.

9. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

I beleive its to allow all cup games to be played. You are more likely to concede a sunday cup game than a sunday league game so in thoery all cup and league games would be fulfilled. Not an issues for Nat1 sides but happens more than you would think at levels below. Add into the mix the Unis and other clubs who want to start later and finisher earlier in seasons youve got a recipe for a double header bonanza

10. Card-Happy

Card-Happy FHF Starter

Thank god the season has started. thought it never would. Good to see some interesting results as well. Makes me feel better for our 5-0 and 5-1 losses to the Hill last year with them beating Kelburne 5-3!

11. KJB32

KJB32 FHF Starter

Looks like it could be a good season. Good result for Menzieshill for their first game back in NL1, and a good number of goals in the games.

12. CiaranCrawford13

The boys done well!

13. F1-mania

F1-mania FHF Legend

Getting all the more interesting again after today. Disappointed to come off the pitch with a 2-2 draw against Western after a 3-3 draw vs Gordonians last week, but showed up today and played Grange off the park. Really solid performance.

I realise we're only 3 games in, but with Kelburne losing to Menzieshill, Western to Hillhead, Grange to Uni, and Hillhead beating all in front of them, it could be a really tight battle up the top of the league. Hopefully, with a few of the tougher fixtures out of the way early, we can now captialise on a solid 5 points from those, and start working our way up the table.

ScottishDonald and steve like this.