Senior Ladies IPT Tournament - EL

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by RoMaN, Jul 22, 2010.

1. RoMaN

RoMaN FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Grays GX8000 TT
    WHOAH!!!! If you're NOT watching this tournament... you should get your butt to East London and come watch!!!!! It's AMAZING!!

So far, as an eastern cape girl, I'm extremely proud to say that Border is whooping the opposition so far :yes: ! Not that they make it easy in any way!!!
    The scores so far... in the border games...

Border vs Free State : 4 - 4
    Border vs Northern Cape : 4 - 0
    Border vs Mpumalanga : 12 - 0

Tomorrow is the last of the games, then Saturday the playoff.... I CAN'T WAIT!!! Whoever wins this tournament will definitely deserve it!

Will update on how other games go, and on who TAKES IT ALL!! :)

2. RoMaN

RoMaN FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Grays GX8000 TT
    Southern Cape vs SACD A : 1 - 1

I've never seen two teams as equally matched as with this game! GREAT HOCKEY!

3. RobJ

RobJ FHF Top Player

Roman,

do you know if the result logs for both sections are being posted on the 'Net? If so, where?

Thanks

4. RobJ

RobJ FHF Top Player

Roman,

I went through all the relevant posts on SA Hockey World to get the relevant scores and I then entered them into a spreadsheet I have from a previous tournament we hosted.

I have attached the result logs for the A section and I will post another reply with the B section result logs!!!

Attached Files:

5. RobJ

RobJ FHF Top Player

As Promised, here are the B Section result logs:

Attached Files:

6. RoMaN

RoMaN FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Grays GX8000 TT
    THANKS A MILL RobJ!!!!

Wow, that is great!!!! Border Hockey probably wouldn't have posted it, so thanks for that hey!!! Very much appreciated! I'm super keen to go see who takes it all today... It should definitely be interesting!

Just a little bummed that Border won't be in the final... but hey, they had an awesome couple of games! Made us very very proud!

7. RobJ

RobJ FHF Top Player

When I get the scores from today I will update the Classification sheets and report them for the enjoyment of us and future forum users!!!

(PS - if you are serious about hockey and you have good skills, why not think about putting a skill video together, send it to some East Coast US colleges and ask for a athletic scholarship?)

(EDIT: I sent you a PM with links about USA university/college scholarships)

8. RobJ

RobJ FHF Top Player

Final Results for the SA Ladies IPT - A and B Sections:

Attached Files:

9. RoMaN

RoMaN FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Grays GX8000 TT
    Wow, thanks a lot for all the trouble RobJ!! The PM with the links and of course the IPT tournament layout of results!!

A scholarship... the best idea ever!! I wanted to apply for a few here when I matriculated, but those who were accepting, didn't have the subjects I wanted to study. I never thought to look abroad... not that it really matters... I'm afraid that I can't attend out of SA. Money being the issue of course. Even with a scholarship it's just too much.

Plus, I'm a boeremeisie... doubt I'd last very long over there. I must say, Braai sounds much better than Barbeque ;)

Thanks a lot for all your trouble!! I appreciate it very much!!

(P.S. tried to reply on your PM, but it seems I haven't posted enough to do that yet...)

10. RobJ

RobJ FHF Top Player

My niece, a real boeremeisie, spent a year in Florida as an Au Pair and she thoroughly enjoyed herself. The braai / BBQ thing depends on who is doing the cooking: if it a South African, it is a braai!!!

I admit that the airfare is an monetary issue - especially the first: in 1992 and 1993 I was the coach of the Rovers Ladies 2nd team (KZN Coastals Reserve league) and one of the schoolgirls that played on the team got a US scholarship and did a lot of fundraising - then when she got to the states, she got a job and saved money for the airfare. If you REALLY want to, it can be done.

About fund raising: when I was a member of Buffs, we used to sell toasted cheese or chicken/mayo sandwiches on a Friday night in the pub to raise money for the girls and guys that made the IPT teams. IF Bohs is still as social as it used to be, I think you would be able to get permission to do something similar and make some money that way!!

You have to have 25 or more posts to be able to PM - so I think you have two more to go!!!