The Hockey Paper

Discussion in 'General Hockey Chit-Chat' started by The Hockey Paper, Mar 14, 2017.

1. The Hockey Paper

The Hockey Paper FHF Newbie

Hi

The Hockey Paper is four months old. For those who buy or subscribe to the weekly paper, we hope you are enjoying the product.

But as a national newspaper, we need help to deliver more content. We know there are plenty of great stories out there, but we receive little to nothing in the way of press releases or story tips. We'd like to change this culture, although we do understand that most clubs do not have a media liaison officer.

We know there are some great Back to Hockey stories and we do receive these every now and again. But we'd like to see clubs - whatever shape and size - sending in news on a variety of subjects, not just participation figures.

We are looking for:

- Statistical news or if someone is playing their 100th match for the club or knocking in their 300th goal.
    - Match reports and previews with a difference. Did the bus get held up? Did you play through snow? Was the post hit 30 times during the match?
    - Feature ideas on a club player or official with a story to tell
    - Club anniversary news and events
    - Club history or unearthing old pictures
    - An upcoming rivalry

We want to engage with clubs and raise promotion, not only in the paper but in areas across the UK.

EMAIL news and ideas to: newsdesk@thehockeypaper.co.uk

We have also been receiving emails on how to buy The Hockey Paper and sometimes not being able to find it in local stockists.

We are a national title, but not every news outlet stocks The Hockey Paper.

But, if your local retailer doesn't have it, you can tell your newsagent to order it in and they are obliged to do so.

For other retailers, go to thehockeypaper.co.uk/where-to-buy-the-hockey-paper

Do let us know if you have any problems. Or, of course, you can subscribe weekly to the paper and have it delivered.

Many thanks.

The Hockey Paper team

Annw and Theory like this.
  2. Jake Harvey

Jake Harvey FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Gryphon Tour DII
    How about something about a englishman playing in foreign lands for a french hockey club?

3. Lifelong

Lifelong FHF Newbie

Are you going to continue all through the UK summer? To an extent this would influence what I'd like to see in the paper - i.e. it will be different if you are intending to be year-round...

4. Craggsy

Craggsy Beikou Hockey founder
    FHF Moderator

Our third team won 23-0 last weekend if that counts? They only played vs 9 men but still....

Mollster likes this.
  5. FatForward

FatForward FHF Top Player

I was depressed my team lost 7-1 last week (I am skipper) but that has put a smile on my face and renewed optimism for this week.

6. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Adidas DF24, Beikou Drag 90, This would be quite a list for all of them....
    A couple of seasons ago my team won 26-0 the team had a bare 11 to start and their keeper arrived 10 mins late when he came on after about 15 mins it was 4-0. A club member got very annoyed with us as the league record was 27-0 as the biggest win but we put our centre back up front and it took a long time for him to score so we slowed down for about 10 mins. It was a great end to a season where we had finished 3rd in the league win no chance of promotion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Jake Harvey

Jake Harvey FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Gryphon Tour DII
    Thats another discussion I'd like to see, did you actually enjoy winning 26-0? I wouldn't

8. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Adidas DF24, Beikou Drag 90, This would be quite a list for all of them....
    Yes as it was the last game of the season, lovely day, had a good crowd turn up, it was our vp day so big turn out, really friendly game, with the keeper arriving late the game was kind of over before it started but the opposition were good sports about it, I think they had pulled alot of players from the team below as well so they kind of knew they were coming to lose, all our outfield players scored including the centre back, his first goal in I think he said 7 years or so, the opposition stayed for the bbq after the game as well. The only thing I can compare it to is like a pre season friendly, neither team could go up or down so the result didn't really matter, a few of their players had played for us in the past so we had a good relationship aswell, one of them being the Gk who I think still gets a ribbing about it to this day. I think in different circumstances may gave felt different but on that occasion it was a very good feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake Harvey likes this.
  9. The Hockey Paper

Sounds good. Send details and background to newsdesk@thehockeypaper.co.uk and we can go from there.

10. The Hockey Paper

We are just deciding this in the next few weeks. Content would of course vary in the English off season.

11. The Hockey Paper

Hi, great result. Check out our piece on Staines 2s in this week's paper for the kind of story that would warrant inclusion.

12. jack peter

jack peter FHF Newbie

On a slightly different note...

1) I'd be keen for more coaching insights from across the world. What are coaches doing? How are they doing it? Can we see practical examples?

2) Dutch Vs English approach to coaching

Just a few thoughts!

KJB32 and RenneRs like this.
  13. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

They've put a right ugly mug in it this week... :D

careeman, JBarron24, Mollster and 3 others like this.
  14. The Hockey Paper

Hi

A note on this week's issue - buy it while you can as it will be the last of the season!

We were due to stop during the three-week lull before play-offs and come back for a one-off special edition but distribution costs are unfortunately too heavy for this to happen. It does seem odd stopping, but the scheduling doesn't help.

We will be back in early August for a EuroHockey Ch'ships/One year since Rio special and run through to the 2018 World Cup.

Launching mid-season has given advertisers plenty of scope to see our product and be on board for next season.

For those who subscribe, thanks for reading. We will cover news online through the summer. Keep spreading the word!

Regards

Hockey Paper team.

Theory and Rob S like this.
  15. Peeb Rain

Peeb Rain FHF Newbie

Oh. Will you be covering the build up to the World League and all of the play off finals in London? I assume that you guys will be down at Lea Valley.

16. Krebsy

Krebsy FHF All Time Great

Is it not Wapping Valley now @Stuart Burnside? ;)

ArbyJames and BossFHockey like this.
  17. Stuart Burnside

Stuart Burnside FHF All Time Great

Yup. We might branch out into yoghurt.

Krebsy likes this.
  18. murph

murph FHF All Time Great

Putting me in the paper clearly caused a mass downturn in sales lol!

19. Marco1983

Marco1983 FHF Newbie

Is possible receive for digital? Because I live in Italy

20. SPactionimages

SPactionimages FHF Top Player

Any news on when the first edition of the new season is going to be published ??

Annw and Theory like this.