TK in the UK?

Discussion in 'Which stick? (includes Stick Reviews)' started by ShionaHockeyMum, Dec 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ShionaHockeyMum

ShionaHockeyMum FHF Newbie

Hi,
    I live in Cumbria in the North of England. Looking around with my daughter for her next stick, Replacing TK Synergy S2. Looking for more power, a bit more Carbon I expect. (She didn't like the TK Platinum profile, felt her 3D skills in midfield didn't feel natural with the thicker profile.)
    Our home pitch is like a beach so seriously, sticks only last a season! Previously tried out and bought TK sticks in store at Gilmore Sports and Barrington Sports. Plus more recently on-line from TK outlet who were very helpful over the phone in working out which stick to go for based on the previous bow and balance etc. The new TK models are renamed and it's difficult to know where to start with equivalent profiles. So really wanting to try out some new sticks in store.

However, Gilmore has closed and Barrington no longer stocks TK

Planning to visit Barrington to have a look at Ritual, Osaka and Gryphon which seem to appeal to my daughter based on friends' sticks at Performance Centre and visiting hockey heroes at summer camp.

Any idea folks if TK are reducing their availability in the UK? I don't think there is anywhere to try them. So I suspect it's time to move on.

Advice appreciated.

2. Krebsy

Krebsy FHF All Time Great

Gilmour Sports is now called Total hockey. Based out of N Ireland but still gives as good a service as before as far as i have been able to tell.

3. Thomas Clifford

Thomas Clifford FHF Newbie

Hi
    I don't know for certain but tks sales seem to be slowing down a lot from what I have seen. This probably means they are having to down scale their company meaning they may be focusing on very hockey based nations like Holland and Australia but this is only something I have picked up on and may not be for definite.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Beardymanbristol

Beardymanbristol FHF Legend

The UK importer for TK is based in Salisbury (just a little bit south of Cumbria!). They are a helpful bunch so worth a call. http://tkhockey.co.uk/contact/