Trail running shoes for water base

Discussion in 'Equipment Review & Questions' started by Lawpf2001, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Offline

Lawpf2001 FHF Starter

Message Count:
    I'm a uni student running a tight budget and want some advice on trail running shoes. Went on Barringtons and all their shoes seemed to be trail running shoes which generally seem to cost less than standard Hockey shoes.

From looking through threads on here and the Adidas Kanadia TR 3 seem to be popular. But I was mainly wondering whether these would perform well and water (what I play on mostly).

Other than that are there many advantages of trails apart from lightness and grip?
  2. Offline

rk5 FHF Newbie

Message Count:
    I have a pair of those adidas ones mate and would recommend them, as you'd expect they are as comfy as running trainers but with the grip of astros.

Only thing i'd say is mine smell a lot worse than other shoes i've had after playing regularly on water, might be down to all the mesh on them maybe...
  3. Offline

Lawpf2001 FHF Starter

Message Count:
    I've also been reading that they tend to be quite tight fit. Eg a size 12 shoes would be best for a size 11 foot. Would you agree with this?
  4. Offline

rk5 FHF Newbie

Message Count:
    yeah i would, i'm an 11 in normal trainers so ordered an 11 in these and found them tight to begin with. After a few sessions they'd stretched and fit perfect but I'd advise maybe ordering half a size bigger or a full size bigger and go with 2 pairs of socks
  5. Offline

Lawpf2001 FHF Starter

Message Count:
    Cheers for the help. Now to find a pair in 12.5 or 13 :(
  6. Offline

jaduong FHF Legend

Message Count:
    it will be very difficult to find those in the sizes you want.

there is a pair of 13.5 on ebay from a UK shop seller...bit big though, i reckon..
  7. Offline

Lawpf2001 FHF Starter

Message Count:
    I've found a pair of 12's for £40. Unsure whether to risk it.

Do you have any other recommendations? Or shall I just wait for some shops to re-stock?
  8. Offline

NicfromSweden FHF Staff

Message Count:
    I wear the kanadias and 2 other guys in the nationalteam and we all think they are good especially good value for money I had a slight rip between the sole and shoe but fixed it with some shoe goo
  9. Offline

Lawpf2001 FHF Starter

Message Count:
    Found a website that stocked a 12.5 finally!
    http://www.runnersneed.com/search?productsPerPage=20&keywords=kanadia#filters=sex!mens

Ended up getting the TR3. Couldn't really see any difference between the 2 listed except for colour pattern.
  10. Offline

jaduong FHF Legend

Message Count:
    TR3 had a different sole profile to TR2. it is a better one in my opinion anyways.
    enjoy..
  11. Offline

FastForward24 FHF Top Player

Message Count:
  12. Offline

jaduong FHF Legend

Message Count:
    oooh. i like those.
  13. Offline

NicfromSweden FHF Staff

Message Count:
    the grey/black/blue/green ones looked nice
  14. Offline

Message Count:
  15. Offline

NicfromSweden FHF Staff

Message Count:
    yeah I think so the other look a bit dull I have the old all blue which also look a bit dull
  16. Offline

ragyrascal FHF Staff

Message Count:
    Nah, that's not true - I have a pair of the black/fluoro yellow/red shoes - Kanadia TRII's and are among the brightest out there.
    And the Sweat Shop did a pair of exclusive TRII's in a red/yellow/blue combo that was even more outrageous.
    http://bit.ly/nNnkLl

Still, not a patch on the Asics Tri Noosa shoes - they're an entirely different class for garish...
  17. Offline

VFTE FHF Regular Player

Message Count:
    I just chucked my Noosa 25s - beautiful shoes that served me well.

Nothing like a bit of neon on your feet to cheer up the world.
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeh I know what you're saying, I had three pairs of them myself but still think the new versions look more garish (Garish-er :baffled: ). It might be to do with the shiny gloss finish on the heel and the Adidas stripes.
  19. Offline

HarrowHC6 FHF Newbie

Message Count:
    i wear Nike Redrocks, they are very comfortable!!!
  20. Offline

robturnbull55 FHF Regular Player

Message Count: