Vortex Hockey UK

Discussion in 'Business Sale' started by Vortex Hockey, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Vortex Hockey

Vortex Hockey FHF Newbie

Hello All,

We are a new South West UK based brand, Vortex Hockey. After several years in the industry working with other performance brands we've branched off to create what we believe are some of the best sticks that our manufacturing techniques and technology can produce. Our 2016/17 range has been produced with direct input from material science experts and some of the best craftsman the manufacturing industry has to offer.

We are currently running a launch offer for Field Hockey Forum members with a 25% Off discount. To take advantage of the offer just enter "25OFFVORTEX" discount code at the checkout on www.vortexhockey.co.uk We post Worldwide.

If you are a seasoned stick reviewer and would like to review our sticks please get in touch with us.

Vortex Hockey
    www.vortexhockey.co.uk

2. toonboon

toonboon FHF Reserve Player

Hi,

First of all, I think the sticks look awesome!

I have a couple of questions for you:
    Your top dog is currently more expensive than the flagship DF stick from Adidas, why would I buy it over a tried and trusted big brand without the price tag as an incentive?

Why have you branched off? What makes branching off worth it in term of your stick performance?

A tip I have is to change the name. Your range is called the "compo" which is identical to the B-range of adidas. In my marketing psychology I was taught that this wouldn't benefit your brand popularity.

All in all, looks amazing, curves and colors look sweet but no reason for people to want to review at this price tag.

Hope you take my criticism in the good intent it was typed with,
    Toon

Edit: site looks slick by the way. I'm a fan!
    Edit2: your Facebook link isn't working for me :(

#2 toonboon, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    AbuSaahilHockey likes this.
  3. Vortex Hockey

Vortex Hockey FHF Newbie

Hello Toon,

Thanks for your feedback. In response to your questions;

The Adidas flagship stick in question has an RRP of £250 matching our top of the range F5. If you look at the top of the range, or at least flagship sticks of other brands we are quite competitively priced. You can in fact buy the DF24 for around £225; we are running our launch offer on the Vortex F5 at just £186.75.

Due to the materials we use, techniques and research and development that we undertake our cost of manufacture is significantly higher than the likes of Adidas who have a vast economy of scale production system. We run on smaller margins but have a passion to produce quality sticks that players can feel a difference using. We hope to establish ourselves as a ‘tried and trusted’ brand over the next few years.

We have branched off as we have the experience within manufacturing, design, material science and the sport itself to produce great sticks. Whereas previously we were bound by the likes of economy of scale and cost, now we can focus on using the technology and quality materials that we know perform in our own range of sticks.

With regards to “why would I buy it over a tried and trusted big brand without the price tag as an incentive?” - we are hoping for people to review our sticks where hopefully they will be able to justify the price tag and be able to provide the confidence to potential customers to also try a Vortex stick where we can lay the foundations to becoming a ‘tried and trusted’ brand.

Really pleased to hear that you like the design of our sticks and we hope that you might be convinced to try a Vortex stick in the near future.

Facebook link should be working now!

Kind regards,

Vortex Hockey

4. toonboon

toonboon FHF Reserve Player

Cool, shot you guys a like. Sweet close ups on the F5!

If you're still around when I need my next stick I'll surely see if I can get my hands on one to feel if I'll buy it. (Unless you have a tester stick you can ship me haha)

Will you be contacting suppliers to sell your sticks or mainly through the website for now?

5. Matt B

I have the F4 that I bought off the site for around £100. It is early days but my first impressions are really positive and it looks and plays really well. Happy to feedback at the end of the season whether it is one piece or otherwise.

6. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Adidas DF24, Beikou Drag 90, This would be quite a list for all of them....
    I sent you guys an email and I never got a reply

7. Grim Sweeper

Grim Sweeper FHF Newbie

sorry I missed your email Fraz 37. Please resend it and I will answer it by return. Thanks

8. Fieldhockeytube (FHT)

Fieldhockeytube (FHT) FHF Starter

Hi vortex hockey,

I am from fieldhockeytube on YouTube and we do field hockey review videos. We have taken a look at your products and they look awesome, we would love to review them and we think they will get a lot of interest.

You can go check out our YouTube channel with www.youtube.com/c/fieldhockeytube and tell us if you would be interested.

Regards
    FieldHockeyTube