Wide shoes

Discussion in 'Other Gear Questions & Reviews' started by Mark Field Hockey, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Mark Field Hockey

Mark Field Hockey FHF Newbie

It's time for me to get some new shoes. I've been wearing Asics hockey shoes for a long time, but unfortunately they don't make the same anymore. I'm kinda looking for some new shoes, which is not so hard with all the different types.

However I'm looking for some wide shoes. I always have some trouble to find shoes wide enough. For example when wearring normall shoes, the all stars don't fit me well because they are to small. Do you guys have any tips on wide field hockey shoes? Which brand?

Thanks in advance.

2. Tootall84

Tootall84 FHF Newbie

I use Salomon speedcross 4s! Great grip and good width and support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Waxxxed

Waxxxed FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Tribaal Impi - Beikou 90 Pro
    I've been plagued by the same curse of wide feet.

The best bet would be wide trail shoes.
    Hockey shoes tend to be neutral width. My last pair of adipowers blew out after a year. The inside of the left foot just tore out.

An example would be Asic GT 2000 (I have a road pair, excellent shoe) which I believe is available in 4E and a trail version.

Or Salomon as suggested above.

4. BossFHockey

BossFHockey FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    This would be quite a list for all of them....
    I have the kookaburra fuse shoes I find the "support cage" thing is quite helpful and they have a fairly wide fit aswell

with my wide feet and being 6"3 and having the build of a sunday league rugby player my feet used to slide over the edge of the trainers sole when turning and it caused me to tear the sides of the shoes till I eventually star rolling my ankle, but the fuse trainers feel very secure, and you can get then for about £40

5. dave454

dave454 FHF Legend

The Adidas Lux are wider than normal Adidas shoes. I also have wide-ish feet, but the Lux are easily the comfiest shoe I've ever worn.

I know the price is a bit steep, but they're well worth it in my opinion.

6. Mark Field Hockey

Thank you!

I've ordered some new kookaburra fuse shoes. Delivery date this week, so will see if they fit me better then most regular shoes.

7. GK13

GK13 FHF Legend

Appreciate you've already sorted a new pair but, for future reference, I've found Mizuno trail running shoes to be a lot more accommodating of my wide feet than other brands.

The downside is that, on account of their relative width, they make it difficult to get a nice flat face on the instep of my kicker.

Christian likes this.
  8. Mark Field Hockey

The kookaburra fuse shoes fit me really well. I have no problems with my wide feet in these shoes. Appreciate the help here, thank you!

BossFHockey likes this.